DJMastaWes
Aug 11, 12:05 PM
Do people really think were going to get Merom macbook pros at paris? I was thinkg we would see it on a tuesday before paris.
Endow
Sep 16, 01:30 PM
If there IS an upgrade/redesign/whatever do you think there will be a 12" MacbookPro or do you guys think Apple is not going for that on the Pro line?
(also are both 15" and 17" upgrades to be expected or just 15"??)
(also are both 15" and 17" upgrades to be expected or just 15"??)

*LTD*
Apr 25, 09:36 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8H7)
So Steve was right. Apple doesn't actually track anyone.
So Steve was right. Apple doesn't actually track anyone.
ncvrumors
Mar 26, 09:56 PM
Taking the cloud fight to Google.
repeters
May 4, 05:07 PM
It would be nice to know more details.
(1) How will users on other than FAST cable modems get Loin?
(2) How can we make emergency backups? I've been in a number of places were downloading gigabytes of data was not a viable option.
(3) Did this idea spring from the "mind" of the same genius who came up with the New and Improved Apple Discussion boards?
(1) How will users on other than FAST cable modems get Loin?
(2) How can we make emergency backups? I've been in a number of places were downloading gigabytes of data was not a viable option.
(3) Did this idea spring from the "mind" of the same genius who came up with the New and Improved Apple Discussion boards?
G5Unit
Aug 7, 01:52 PM
Keep dreaming.
Perhaps for a PowerBook G5?
Perhaps for a PowerBook G5?
slicecom
Mar 28, 10:10 AM
Damn it! This means the lineups will be twice as long for the 2012 iPhone (when I'm due to upgrade)!
PlipPlop
Apr 18, 03:38 PM
Apple scared of the competition and trying to sue them.
AndroidfoLife
Apr 20, 03:51 AM
In tech years this new iPhone 5 will be old as dirt when it is released. It is no faster then the phones that being released two months ago and it will compete with the ones 5 months from now? Seems like apple needs to Aim alot higher on their hardware.
prominence
Nov 12, 08:48 AM
So now BTL says that the shipment is coming in on 12-2. What happend to 11-11? How do you all feel about this? I personally am not sure if I should cancel or not.
You know, I was a lil mad at first when I saw that, but the facts are that Apple wasn't going to ship theirs until Nov 25th with a Dec 2nd estimated arrival date, and for saving $40.00 I'm willing to wait a few extra days.
And at this point.. like the previous poster said.. $87.00 is worth it for me when regular mounts without anything are around $40, so $87 is decent for bluetooth, GPS chip and cool look/setup.. however $120 ($130 when adding in tax) just isn't worth it in my opinion.
You know, I was a lil mad at first when I saw that, but the facts are that Apple wasn't going to ship theirs until Nov 25th with a Dec 2nd estimated arrival date, and for saving $40.00 I'm willing to wait a few extra days.
And at this point.. like the previous poster said.. $87.00 is worth it for me when regular mounts without anything are around $40, so $87 is decent for bluetooth, GPS chip and cool look/setup.. however $120 ($130 when adding in tax) just isn't worth it in my opinion.
D4F
Apr 20, 07:13 AM
The nice thing this time around is that everyone seems to have such low expectations that Apple can only meet or exceed them :D
Yet they will stay in line for two days to pay premium for it.
Apple has one great thing.... a lot of quarter-brain organisms that pump $$ to their pocket.
Yet they will stay in line for two days to pay premium for it.
Apple has one great thing.... a lot of quarter-brain organisms that pump $$ to their pocket.
deepledee
Jul 30, 11:51 PM
No one is better than apple at keeping announcements of their products under wraps and other than one thing i might believe that this rumor is true. For any phone to be released in the US, it must apply and receive approval by the FCC. This information is always available to the public and that is why no phone can be released "secretly." The press would have wind of its approval by now if they do intend to announce the launch at the August conference...
sorry guys, i like the rest of you eagerly await an apple iphone
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
Contrary to recent reports (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/03/20060330174059.shtml), Engadget says that Apple's rumored "iPhone" may appear as early as August (http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/29/wild-speculation-iphone-to-launch-in-august/).
It has been well-established that Apple has been working on an Apple-branded phone for some time, however the release date has been difficult to pinpoint. Recently, various patents (1 (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/05/20060505202447.shtml), 2 (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/06/20060614074411.shtml)) have been uncovered regarding Apple's cell phone technology and Peter Oppenheimer made comments (http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/07/20/merrill.upgrades.aapl/) during Apple's Q3 2006 conference call virtually acknowledging Apple's work on the product, stating "We're not sitting around doing nothing" with regard to cell phones.
sorry guys, i like the rest of you eagerly await an apple iphone
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
Contrary to recent reports (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/03/20060330174059.shtml), Engadget says that Apple's rumored "iPhone" may appear as early as August (http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/29/wild-speculation-iphone-to-launch-in-august/).
It has been well-established that Apple has been working on an Apple-branded phone for some time, however the release date has been difficult to pinpoint. Recently, various patents (1 (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/05/20060505202447.shtml), 2 (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/06/20060614074411.shtml)) have been uncovered regarding Apple's cell phone technology and Peter Oppenheimer made comments (http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/07/20/merrill.upgrades.aapl/) during Apple's Q3 2006 conference call virtually acknowledging Apple's work on the product, stating "We're not sitting around doing nothing" with regard to cell phones.
fishkorp
Aug 11, 10:32 AM
so once these are released, what are the chances if my MBP was broken Apple Care would replace it with a new Core 2 Duo one?
mingisback
Aug 11, 09:08 AM
This is good news for future Macbook owners. I'm interested in when the iMac will get Conroe. A friend of mine is switching from Windows and wants the iMac but is waiting for Conroe in the iMac. I only hope they go with the desktop processor in the iMac and not Merom since he's not interested in the mobile processor in his desktop.
Well, hopefully the iMac will be updated sooner than the portables. Conroe is out and available in quantities now where as Merom won't be as available in quantities until the end of this month.
I'm pretty sure Conroe has no performance gains over Merom. Why is your friend opposed to Merom in a desktop? Merom is supposed to run cooler correct?
Well, hopefully the iMac will be updated sooner than the portables. Conroe is out and available in quantities now where as Merom won't be as available in quantities until the end of this month.
I'm pretty sure Conroe has no performance gains over Merom. Why is your friend opposed to Merom in a desktop? Merom is supposed to run cooler correct?
Tilpots
May 8, 02:14 PM
Best link i've found is
http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/20100222/that�s-apple�s-new-data-center-where�s-the-giant-glass-cube/
&
http://www.cultofmac.com/interview-apples-gigantic-new-data-center-hints-at-cloud-computing/14680
salient quote from Rich Miller of Data Center Knowledge
Exciting stuff!
Exciting indeed! Appreciate the linkage.:)
http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/20100222/that�s-apple�s-new-data-center-where�s-the-giant-glass-cube/
&
http://www.cultofmac.com/interview-apples-gigantic-new-data-center-hints-at-cloud-computing/14680
salient quote from Rich Miller of Data Center Knowledge
Exciting stuff!
Exciting indeed! Appreciate the linkage.:)
miles01110
Aug 4, 09:56 AM
probably (75-85% sure) that they are fake.
chrmjenkins
May 4, 05:07 PM
but she is heavenly :)
btw, love the name selections
haven't figured out wilmer and rosius, though.
Rhon, Wilmer and Rosius are completely made up. I also didn't come up with 'villian'. ravenvii is the mastermind behind that one.
btw, love the name selections
haven't figured out wilmer and rosius, though.
Rhon, Wilmer and Rosius are completely made up. I also didn't come up with 'villian'. ravenvii is the mastermind behind that one.

skier777
Mar 29, 07:31 PM
But I suspect the Japanese are masters of diversification and will meet the challenges.
http://www.good.is/post/earthquake-ravaged-japanese-highway-rebuilt-in-three-short-days/
http://www.good.is/post/earthquake-ravaged-japanese-highway-rebuilt-in-three-short-days/
nazaar
Apr 5, 01:31 PM
Get the F over it Apple...
I just recently JB'ed my iPhone and it's sooo much better.
It's my device. I paid for it. I should be able to do what ever I want with it.
Don't give in Toyota!
I just recently JB'ed my iPhone and it's sooo much better.
It's my device. I paid for it. I should be able to do what ever I want with it.
Don't give in Toyota!
cirus
Apr 24, 01:54 PM
You contradict yourself here. A 27" iMac is probably already retina, considering the viewing distance should be around 30" away.
As the distance grows, the PPI treshold to achieve the "retina" effect of "Eye can't distinguish the individual pixels" becomes lower. Given enough distance, 48 PPI can be enough to be dubbed "retina display" (your standard 50" 1080p TV).
No, you're not wrong. But I'm not either. I'll let you figure out why (think about the lower case b in Mbps vs MB of RAM ;) ). Unless I'm misinterpreting something, I doubt DP 1.2 can push out 21 gigaBYTES of data per second...
As for the 6990 listing that as max resolution, I'm betting that has more to do with current LCD display limitation (that is the max resolutions you'll find on an LCD monitor) than with actual hardware limitation. The hardware is capable of more than that. Some of these cards with a single GPU have 2-4 DP outputs capable of driving 2-4 of these 2560x1600 monitors. The GPU itself doesn't a problem pushing out these pixels and DP 1.2 makes it so they can push it over a single connection.
Sony was there first with the Vaio Z. 13.3", 1920x1080 baby. If it weren't so expensive it would be mine and I'd be back to running Linux.
Thanks, a 'duh' moment for me.
However, ati does list the 6990 as having a maximum display resolution of 2650 x 1600 per display though it can handle up to 6 displays. There will have to be a change somewhere. (Though you could probably write a program that would allow this resolution). That is still going to max out thunderbolt so you would not be able to drive one of those displays at native with a macbook pro.
As the distance grows, the PPI treshold to achieve the "retina" effect of "Eye can't distinguish the individual pixels" becomes lower. Given enough distance, 48 PPI can be enough to be dubbed "retina display" (your standard 50" 1080p TV).
No, you're not wrong. But I'm not either. I'll let you figure out why (think about the lower case b in Mbps vs MB of RAM ;) ). Unless I'm misinterpreting something, I doubt DP 1.2 can push out 21 gigaBYTES of data per second...
As for the 6990 listing that as max resolution, I'm betting that has more to do with current LCD display limitation (that is the max resolutions you'll find on an LCD monitor) than with actual hardware limitation. The hardware is capable of more than that. Some of these cards with a single GPU have 2-4 DP outputs capable of driving 2-4 of these 2560x1600 monitors. The GPU itself doesn't a problem pushing out these pixels and DP 1.2 makes it so they can push it over a single connection.
Sony was there first with the Vaio Z. 13.3", 1920x1080 baby. If it weren't so expensive it would be mine and I'd be back to running Linux.
Thanks, a 'duh' moment for me.
However, ati does list the 6990 as having a maximum display resolution of 2650 x 1600 per display though it can handle up to 6 displays. There will have to be a change somewhere. (Though you could probably write a program that would allow this resolution). That is still going to max out thunderbolt so you would not be able to drive one of those displays at native with a macbook pro.
myca
Apr 5, 02:09 PM
This makes me sick to the core. And very very angry
WHAT RIGHT DOE"S APPLE HAVE
to act like big brother and control what another company does?
Steve Jobs started off with Apple to fight "the man" yet he is the man.
Microsoft would never do this, they know better because thousands of Apple fans would be on the internet with Safari posting the most vile crap you would ever want to read....
Not to burst your bubble, but isn't the 360 a closed system, over 32 million sold and if you are found hacking it to play pirated games your account is locked/cancelled and you can't play online anymore?
Apple aren't the only company who see the benefits of a closed system, right or wrong most other phone/console devices have some system in place to stop the user from having total access to it, even Android phones can be closed systems when the phone carrier/handset maker makes it so.
I do agree with having the makers of the software and hardware putting these systems in place, but I also think that the user (if they are smart enough) should be allowed to hack/jailbreak or whatever without fear of reprisals. But as I said earlier, if you do hack/jailbreak one of these closed systems and you brick your device it should be on your head
WHAT RIGHT DOE"S APPLE HAVE
to act like big brother and control what another company does?
Steve Jobs started off with Apple to fight "the man" yet he is the man.
Microsoft would never do this, they know better because thousands of Apple fans would be on the internet with Safari posting the most vile crap you would ever want to read....
Not to burst your bubble, but isn't the 360 a closed system, over 32 million sold and if you are found hacking it to play pirated games your account is locked/cancelled and you can't play online anymore?
Apple aren't the only company who see the benefits of a closed system, right or wrong most other phone/console devices have some system in place to stop the user from having total access to it, even Android phones can be closed systems when the phone carrier/handset maker makes it so.
I do agree with having the makers of the software and hardware putting these systems in place, but I also think that the user (if they are smart enough) should be allowed to hack/jailbreak or whatever without fear of reprisals. But as I said earlier, if you do hack/jailbreak one of these closed systems and you brick your device it should be on your head
shartypants
Apr 26, 02:17 PM
As much as I want to see Apple sell phones, I also like to see healthy competition to keep away anti-trust issues. Apple is for people who like quality high-end stuff and Android is for Kmart shoppers ;)
Malcster
Sep 11, 05:49 AM
Its simple.
We get:
MBP updates and maybe MB updates
10.4.8
Movie Store
6G iPod (not touchscreen) & Nano updates
One More Thing....Media streaming device (Cube re-incarnation) or headless tower (unlikely)
Thats it.
Too early i think for 10.4.8, replace it with iTunes 7 and i think your set ;)
Still not sure they will distract from the movie stuff with MBP, MB or other hardware updates except the streaming video stuff (as it ties into movies)
We get:
MBP updates and maybe MB updates
10.4.8
Movie Store
6G iPod (not touchscreen) & Nano updates
One More Thing....Media streaming device (Cube re-incarnation) or headless tower (unlikely)
Thats it.
Too early i think for 10.4.8, replace it with iTunes 7 and i think your set ;)
Still not sure they will distract from the movie stuff with MBP, MB or other hardware updates except the streaming video stuff (as it ties into movies)
-aggie-
Apr 10, 06:29 PM
What is my assumption?
They are assuming that all the engineers know the right answer, and that math is a language that is the same all over the world.
Cry then if it makes you sad.
It has nothing to do with being an engineer. And yes, math is a language that is the same all over the world.
They are assuming that all the engineers know the right answer, and that math is a language that is the same all over the world.
Cry then if it makes you sad.
It has nothing to do with being an engineer. And yes, math is a language that is the same all over the world.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar