emotion
Nov 22, 07:43 AM
iChat is definitely going to be hugely important for Apple but so is letting all these features work seamlessly together with Windows users. The few options Apple has in this regard is making the iPhone Mac only or with Windows compatible apps or just bring osX to PC and be done with it.
If we look at all the devices we want from Apple, they all need tight integration with the OS. An Apple branded iPod, iPhone, iTV, iSmart, iCamera, etc.. will be on the market sooner or later, so Apple will make and support countless Windows Apps or be osX only. I strongly believe that opening up osX will be easier to do and has a higher long term potential.
Agreed. Another way for Apple to proceed here is to make the phone compatible with Outlook/iTunes on windows etc etc so that it's still perfectly usable but the experience is just that much better on OSX. This will lead people into buying Macs which is always Apples aim.
I don't see OSX on generic PC hardware any time soon. Even though I would love to see that happen in many ways.
If we look at all the devices we want from Apple, they all need tight integration with the OS. An Apple branded iPod, iPhone, iTV, iSmart, iCamera, etc.. will be on the market sooner or later, so Apple will make and support countless Windows Apps or be osX only. I strongly believe that opening up osX will be easier to do and has a higher long term potential.
Agreed. Another way for Apple to proceed here is to make the phone compatible with Outlook/iTunes on windows etc etc so that it's still perfectly usable but the experience is just that much better on OSX. This will lead people into buying Macs which is always Apples aim.
I don't see OSX on generic PC hardware any time soon. Even though I would love to see that happen in many ways.
RalfTheDog
Apr 7, 09:35 AM
I don't understand, Apple can't let RIM have 12 panels? When they sell off those 12 units, Apple can let them have 12 more.

Full of Win
Mar 29, 08:49 AM
So there is no transfer bandwidth / data caps?
Maxiseller
Aug 2, 12:17 PM
If you 'can't have cameras' dont use them. It doesnt matter if they are built in. And for people with dual monitors they will have... er... oh yeh two cameras :D
Well...alright, if you want ;) . All i know is that places where sensitive information is important, they'll use another display.
The main point I'm not making very elegantly however is that I just don't feel that a cheap built in camera is a pro feature - and lets face it - a display starting at �550 is certainly aimed to the pro market.
I know a lot more pros who wouldn't care about the camera than those who would welcome it. Heck, lets save a bit off the price eh apple?
Well...alright, if you want ;) . All i know is that places where sensitive information is important, they'll use another display.
The main point I'm not making very elegantly however is that I just don't feel that a cheap built in camera is a pro feature - and lets face it - a display starting at �550 is certainly aimed to the pro market.
I know a lot more pros who wouldn't care about the camera than those who would welcome it. Heck, lets save a bit off the price eh apple?
Peace
Sep 11, 04:13 PM
iLounge.com will be providing coverage also.
daneoni
Nov 22, 08:42 AM
I dunno, i dont think buying an iPhone is feasible for at least another year. For me at least, just not excited about it at all. First off, it'll be the first ever Apple phone meaning there will be some niggles, also it'll be a candy bar. The only candy bar phone i can tolerate is a smart phone. Some thing tells me the iPhone WON'T be a smartphone from the ground up. It'll be a phone with *some* smart phone abilities.
Also, like most recent rumored products from Apple, its probably been waaay overhyped and will end up being a dissapointment.
Palm shouldn't be so confident though. Apple is the same company that made Michael Dell eat his words.
People shouldn't discount palm yet either.
Also, like most recent rumored products from Apple, its probably been waaay overhyped and will end up being a dissapointment.
Palm shouldn't be so confident though. Apple is the same company that made Michael Dell eat his words.
People shouldn't discount palm yet either.
aswitcher
Jul 31, 12:32 AM
" While I'm sure if it is true..."
it is true, i saw a add for it in a magazine. it gave the website: www.iphone.org,
but when i typed that in, all it gave me was the apple website with the .org URL. and its not a flip phone. its made by Sony Ericson. I believe this is why an Apple logo showed up on that one thing Sony was showing.
i saw the real one on the back pages of a "MacBook" magazine. would have bought it, but it was $30.http://www.ipodnoticias.com/uploaded_images/iphone-701958.jpg
it was this add
Wasn't this pic circulating as a fake some time back...
it is true, i saw a add for it in a magazine. it gave the website: www.iphone.org,
but when i typed that in, all it gave me was the apple website with the .org URL. and its not a flip phone. its made by Sony Ericson. I believe this is why an Apple logo showed up on that one thing Sony was showing.
i saw the real one on the back pages of a "MacBook" magazine. would have bought it, but it was $30.http://www.ipodnoticias.com/uploaded_images/iphone-701958.jpg
it was this add
Wasn't this pic circulating as a fake some time back...
lilo777
Mar 29, 10:48 AM
not really true. it depends on what kind of storage options they are currently running, there are many devices and programs out there that eliminate this kind of redundancy and odds are amazon is using them right now.
The fact that they offer free space for MP3 files purchased from Amazon clearly indicates that those files be stored in a single copy.
The fact that they offer free space for MP3 files purchased from Amazon clearly indicates that those files be stored in a single copy.
carmenodie
May 6, 05:40 AM
People need to know that chip making is effing hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unless ARM can best intel at what intel does best and that is making chips then Apple ain't(remember that this is a rumor) switching to ARM for their pcs and laptops. Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unless ARM can best intel at what intel does best and that is making chips then Apple ain't(remember that this is a rumor) switching to ARM for their pcs and laptops. Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ptysell
May 6, 12:49 AM
Unless they want to make you pay for something you don't need... not necessary. The new Intel Macs that are being released right now have so much power that they could run every iOS app in emulated mode and the processor would hardly even notice it. That's today. Imagine where Intel will be in a couple of years? An ARM chip sitting next to an Intel powerhouse is not needed. As far as being instant on... I'd say my iMac wakes up from a sleep just about as fast as my iPad.
Yes, but what kind of video playback could I get on my Macbook Pro on international flights if it booted iOS off an ARM CPU......
Yes, but what kind of video playback could I get on my Macbook Pro on international flights if it booted iOS off an ARM CPU......
emotion
Aug 11, 10:22 AM
Well i know i can get the chip, but then don't i need a new motherboard too, and who/where would i get that put in?
No, the same chipset is used for Merom at this stage (Santa Rosa won't be around until next year). I think a firmware update might be needed but possibly not. Those Core Solo Mac Minis look good to me for a makeover.
No, the same chipset is used for Merom at this stage (Santa Rosa won't be around until next year). I think a firmware update might be needed but possibly not. Those Core Solo Mac Minis look good to me for a makeover.
0815
Apr 25, 09:01 AM
Call me naive (or perhaps paranoid) but I've been assuming my location is being tracked since I bought my first smart phone years ago.
I guess the fine point of difference is: It is stored on your phone (and computer where you do the backup), but it is never send to anyone ... so Apple is not tracking you since they never see that information. Saying Apple tracks you would mean that information collected is send to Apple, which is not the case.
I guess the fine point of difference is: It is stored on your phone (and computer where you do the backup), but it is never send to anyone ... so Apple is not tracking you since they never see that information. Saying Apple tracks you would mean that information collected is send to Apple, which is not the case.
bigbossbmb
Sep 16, 12:02 AM
I sure hope we will see Aperture 2.0 and not just 1.2...
Why? Just because it is 1.2 would be a decimal point update doesn't mean it would not be significant. 1 > 1.1 was very good. 1.1 > 1.2 could be just as good and free for all of us that are early adopters of the software.
Why? Just because it is 1.2 would be a decimal point update doesn't mean it would not be significant. 1 > 1.1 was very good. 1.1 > 1.2 could be just as good and free for all of us that are early adopters of the software.
JTR7
Mar 28, 10:50 AM
I find this hard to believe.
Apple must have realized it now has to fight for market share in the smartphone market.
A 2-year contract doesn't stop iPhone 4 users from moving to the iPhone 5. Many people are on 2 year contracts, but are also on family plans. It's not unheard of for a parent to use an upgrade and hand their old phone down to a kid. Small businesses get 18 month upgrades from AT&T. Let's not forget the 3GS users and anyone whose iPhone 4 has broken.
It's a huge mistake not to update the phone. If only incremental, it's free profit for Apple. In many ways, iPhones (and Apple products in general) are status symbols. People buy the latest not out of need for improved specs, but rather for the ability to say "Look at my new Apple gadget". And while I do love the Retina Display and the 720p recording, to be honest, the fact that there was a new form factor-easily identifying me as having the new phone on launch day-was a part of the reason I ditched my 3GS for the new iPhone 4.
Apple must have realized it now has to fight for market share in the smartphone market.
A 2-year contract doesn't stop iPhone 4 users from moving to the iPhone 5. Many people are on 2 year contracts, but are also on family plans. It's not unheard of for a parent to use an upgrade and hand their old phone down to a kid. Small businesses get 18 month upgrades from AT&T. Let's not forget the 3GS users and anyone whose iPhone 4 has broken.
It's a huge mistake not to update the phone. If only incremental, it's free profit for Apple. In many ways, iPhones (and Apple products in general) are status symbols. People buy the latest not out of need for improved specs, but rather for the ability to say "Look at my new Apple gadget". And while I do love the Retina Display and the 720p recording, to be honest, the fact that there was a new form factor-easily identifying me as having the new phone on launch day-was a part of the reason I ditched my 3GS for the new iPhone 4.
CFreymarc
Apr 20, 02:03 AM
Not a summer update? Surprising.
I'll bang this gong again. Now someone reliable is showing a similar form factor, this is not the iPhone 5, this is iPhone 4G.
iPhone 4G announced WWDC this summer
iPhone 4G ships in September world wide with domestic USA shipment in August.
Bang a gong, get it on!
I'll bang this gong again. Now someone reliable is showing a similar form factor, this is not the iPhone 5, this is iPhone 4G.
iPhone 4G announced WWDC this summer
iPhone 4G ships in September world wide with domestic USA shipment in August.
Bang a gong, get it on!
SuperCachetes
May 3, 09:28 PM
Yes, it's a system that has its roots in the past, but the system still works. There's no compelling reason to change it. There's no efficiency to be gained.
I don't buy that for a second. As someone who works in the construction industry and has to deal with fractions of inches and materials that are odd nominal dimensions and even odder actual dimensions, I can tell you that there is a ****-ton of efficiency to be gained by getting away from bricks that are 3-5/8" deep, interior sheetrock walls that are 4-7/8" thick, and ceiling grids that are 15/16" wide.
Can a guy who's been working construction for 30 years add this stuff up in his head? Sure. But all along the way - from the architect, to the contractor, to the fabricator, to the installer - there is a chance for miscalculation because of our goofy system of measurement, and the savings from going to SI would be both in time spent designing and time spent correcting errors in the field.
Yes, there is a cost, both monetary and emotional - but we need to just rip the bandage off, already. "It's what I'm used to" is a tired excuse.
I don't buy that for a second. As someone who works in the construction industry and has to deal with fractions of inches and materials that are odd nominal dimensions and even odder actual dimensions, I can tell you that there is a ****-ton of efficiency to be gained by getting away from bricks that are 3-5/8" deep, interior sheetrock walls that are 4-7/8" thick, and ceiling grids that are 15/16" wide.
Can a guy who's been working construction for 30 years add this stuff up in his head? Sure. But all along the way - from the architect, to the contractor, to the fabricator, to the installer - there is a chance for miscalculation because of our goofy system of measurement, and the savings from going to SI would be both in time spent designing and time spent correcting errors in the field.
Yes, there is a cost, both monetary and emotional - but we need to just rip the bandage off, already. "It's what I'm used to" is a tired excuse.
nato64
Mar 30, 06:21 PM
I see it now- weird, thanks!
Yeah, that threw me off too at first when installing apps from the Mac App Store in Lion. But it makes so much more sense than dumping everything in your dock.
Yeah, that threw me off too at first when installing apps from the Mac App Store in Lion. But it makes so much more sense than dumping everything in your dock.
miles01110
Aug 4, 08:30 AM
I think I remeber reading that exact point in an interview with an Intel exec - they like the way Apple can bring a product to market quickly, and use innovative technologies in their chips before anyone else.
We like it too...the main problem is that it's usually not soon enough!
We like it too...the main problem is that it's usually not soon enough!
Al Coholic
Apr 7, 09:58 AM
I see the short sighted Apple pom-pom shakers are once again giddy with excitement. The juvenile remarks are embarrassing.
For some strange reason you think monopolies are good for consumers.
For some strange reason you think monopolies are good for consumers.
Chupa Chupa
Mar 28, 09:54 AM
Makes sense if Apple wants 10.7 and iOS5 to be the focus. Also gives a little more life to the VZW iPhone 4 (fewer bitter customers, even if caused by their own impatience). Finally, while the fall is usually iPod update time, let's face it, iPod updates are getting kinda boring. A new iPhone 5 in Sept would def be more buzzworthy. Then Apple gets back to the summer iPhone releases w/ the iPhone (6) LTE.
BoRegardless
Nov 23, 04:10 PM
I wish Apple would keep features at a minimum. Stop putting features in that I don't care about.
How about letting users DELETE any feature they don't want (Delete or Hide, I don't care but get rid of them unless I specifically want it: never use games, calculator, ring tones, color screen is worthless in sunlight...the list goes on)
How about letting users DELETE any feature they don't want (Delete or Hide, I don't care but get rid of them unless I specifically want it: never use games, calculator, ring tones, color screen is worthless in sunlight...the list goes on)
Brometheus
Apr 25, 10:24 AM
Apple could do themselves a lot of favours if they came out with an offical statement, explaining what iOS does in regards of user tracking ( i.e, location database ). Some 1 line email response fired off by SJ doesn't do much good.
Once again, Apple fall down in terms of customer relations / communications. If Apple handled this correctly then all the fuss could go away in a couple days.
Apple cannot get into the habit of responding to such claims immediately. Hershey or Pringles should definitely address such accusations of wrongdoing, because there are few internet forums filled with breathless commentary about those companies. However, there are probably more accusations against Apple than any other company in the world. Most of the controversies die after a week or two, so it makes sense to wait for a while. Otherwise Apple would constantly have to refute some claim or another. Then, if they filled to respond to any specific query the haters would accuse them of hiding something.
Once again, Apple fall down in terms of customer relations / communications. If Apple handled this correctly then all the fuss could go away in a couple days.
Apple cannot get into the habit of responding to such claims immediately. Hershey or Pringles should definitely address such accusations of wrongdoing, because there are few internet forums filled with breathless commentary about those companies. However, there are probably more accusations against Apple than any other company in the world. Most of the controversies die after a week or two, so it makes sense to wait for a while. Otherwise Apple would constantly have to refute some claim or another. Then, if they filled to respond to any specific query the haters would accuse them of hiding something.
iMacZealot
Aug 6, 03:32 AM
Whats the normal run of events?
3 split up segments and then one more thing
Here is what i reckon
1) Intel transition
blah blah blah, it has been quick, painless developers, developers developers. Everyone has been receptive except $#%#@@! Adobe
Intel keep giving us the chips
today we update MBP and iMac to core 2 duo
2)Talking about tranistion there are 2 products which haven't yet been transistioned
PowerMac > Mac Pro
Xserve > Xserve? Mac Serve?
Mac Pro has 3 configs
Best - Dual Xeon, 1GB 500GB 256X1800 $3299
Better - Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz 1GB 500gb 256mb X1600 $2499
Good - Core 2 Duo 2.6 1GB 250gb 256mb X1600 $1999
Xserves - All Xeons, dah
3) Leopard talk
4) One more thing
Candidates: iPhone, iPod, New Screens (may be intro'd with Mac Pro's) what ever else there could be
I agree with a lot of this, but I think most of it will be Leopard and the "one more thing" may be in a different spot. If the new product is a screen, it will go along with the ProMac. If it is, however, somehow integrated/featured in Leopard, it will most likely come at the end, but I doubt we'd see the iPhone tomorrow because it has nothing to do with developers and I doubt a new iPod will debut for another month or two (as usual) unless if it had some new feature in Leopard.
Also, quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced that Leopard will be coming pretty early (sometime maybe in november/december.) It's happened before.
Bottom line: most of it will be a preview of Leopard; basically it will be a rerun of WWDC 2004: new displays, new ProMacs, new OS.
3 split up segments and then one more thing
Here is what i reckon
1) Intel transition
blah blah blah, it has been quick, painless developers, developers developers. Everyone has been receptive except $#%#@@! Adobe
Intel keep giving us the chips
today we update MBP and iMac to core 2 duo
2)Talking about tranistion there are 2 products which haven't yet been transistioned
PowerMac > Mac Pro
Xserve > Xserve? Mac Serve?
Mac Pro has 3 configs
Best - Dual Xeon, 1GB 500GB 256X1800 $3299
Better - Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz 1GB 500gb 256mb X1600 $2499
Good - Core 2 Duo 2.6 1GB 250gb 256mb X1600 $1999
Xserves - All Xeons, dah
3) Leopard talk
4) One more thing
Candidates: iPhone, iPod, New Screens (may be intro'd with Mac Pro's) what ever else there could be
I agree with a lot of this, but I think most of it will be Leopard and the "one more thing" may be in a different spot. If the new product is a screen, it will go along with the ProMac. If it is, however, somehow integrated/featured in Leopard, it will most likely come at the end, but I doubt we'd see the iPhone tomorrow because it has nothing to do with developers and I doubt a new iPod will debut for another month or two (as usual) unless if it had some new feature in Leopard.
Also, quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced that Leopard will be coming pretty early (sometime maybe in november/december.) It's happened before.
Bottom line: most of it will be a preview of Leopard; basically it will be a rerun of WWDC 2004: new displays, new ProMacs, new OS.
Anawrahta
Aug 12, 12:08 AM
I'm sure at the very least the MBP will get the new chips soon (within a month or so). The question is, whether it will get a case redesign/new features. So let's make a list of things you'd like to see happen. Personally I'd like to see:
FW800
DL Superdrive
Swappable HD
Expresscard 54
Case dedesign or material change
I wouldn't be surprised if the engineers were too busy just getting it ready for MacWorld when it debuted to give it a full redesign. Also from what I've read they didn't want to change the appearance too much to make the transition to Intel seamless.
FW800
DL Superdrive
Swappable HD
Expresscard 54
Case dedesign or material change
I wouldn't be surprised if the engineers were too busy just getting it ready for MacWorld when it debuted to give it a full redesign. Also from what I've read they didn't want to change the appearance too much to make the transition to Intel seamless.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar