Senin, 09 Mei 2011

Marple Sports Arena

Marple Sports Arena. Boxing match Danny Bonaduce VS
  • Boxing match Danny Bonaduce VS



  • ericinboston
    Apr 26, 04:38 PM
    A few reasons why Android is beating iPhone:

    1)Android has always been, and always will be, on tons of cell carriers. Apple? Not until their 4th "generation" of their phone (5 years I think) has Apple allowed other carriers other than AT&T. Oh, and right now it's still just ATT and Verizon. Thus millions of consumers have been able to buy the Android on their current/favorite cell carrier.

    2)Android phones come from various manufacturers with different pricepoints and different designs. Apple is Apple. I'm not complaining, I'm just stating the fact that there are more choices again for potential Android customers at the phone level.

    3)Although I love my 3GS, I've seen a few family members (who actually WANTED the iPhone but Verizon simply didn't have it so they got the Android) with Androids and I have to say it's pretty darn good.

    4)AntennaGate...whether you believe it or not...was the talk of the world for several months in 2010...bad PR on many levels for Apple when the Android was making its debut. Apple's crappy response after response made Apple look like Scrooge. Apple gives away $0.89 "bumpers" to limited users for a limited time and that, in Apple's eyes, makes everything good. What a joke...and nobody was laughing.

    5)iPhone 5...nobody knows when but best reports are Sep 2011 (5 months from now)...I think many people with an iPhone 3GS or non-smartphone who want a smartphone don't want to buy a last year's full-price iPhone 4 right now WHILE THEY MAY POSSIBLY HAVE TO CHOOSE a new phone/contract and are opting to try Android. My ATT contract expires in Sep this year and I have to say, I ain't waiting later than Thanksgiving for the iPhone 5...a)I want off ATT and b)There will be plenty of Androids out in Thanksgiving that will blow away my iPhone 3GS.


    Again, overall I love my iPhone 3GS. I think the 4 has much better camera/video quality and Facetime but that's really it. Hopefully iPhone 5 will have a much sweeter camera, some major iOS enhancements (features), and larger storage for the phones (32GB min, 64GB) WHILE COSTING LESS.





    Marple Sports Arena. Sikahema has recently made an
  • Sikahema has recently made an



  • elgrecomac
    Apr 5, 04:43 PM
    Look who is acting like Big Brother...

    Jail breaking, as an act, is not illegal. Apple is flexing its influence as a it has a right to do. they are worried/scared that the jail breaking phenomenon is spreading to far and this seems like a desperate act.

    AND they are worried about a secondary app market place. Hmmm, I'm no lawyer but is there may be an anti-trust case building against Apple.

    And as for the warranty...it is a non-issue. Your fallback is to restore to standard iOS. o big deal.

    It too more than 30 years but Apple is acting like Microsoft!

    -----
    IP4 4.3.1 jailbroken, of course. iPad 2, MBP 17"





    Marple Sports Arena. Berries and Cream.
  • Berries and Cream.



  • Popeye206
    Mar 29, 04:17 PM
    The plant with mass rates of suicide is in China.

    Ah... dude... yes they have had suicides there... 11 attempts in 5 months out of 300,000 employees.

    You do realize this is lower than the US actual suicide rate of 11 per-100K per-year.

    Sorry... but I hate it when people and the press use "drama" to make a point and in reality... the Chinese workers at Foxconn are no different than your average US citizen.





    Marple Sports Arena. Previous
  • Previous



  • dethmaShine
    May 4, 06:03 PM
    It'd be cool for Apple to start building a small, fast SSD "drive" (memory chips) into every Mac, that would be dedicated to the core System, and only the System. Small enough to be inexpensive, large enough to easily accommodate current and future System files, fast enough to be faster than any current hard drive. Make the drive say 32 GB, with two partitions. One partition holds the installed System, the other partition is just scratch space for downloaded and uninstalled software, including the System itself. Possibly this partition contains some minimal boot system in order to re-download and install the package from the app store in case the installation gets botched.

    I think that has been the idea in the recent disclosures. In my opinion, with the next iMac refresh/redesign, Apple will incorporate a small SSD for system tasks. But I don't think Apple will waste a partition of the expensive and intelligent SSD for just an OS Install.

    SSD caching is going to be very important in the future so wasting 4 or 8 gigs of space for no reason sounds a bit stupid to be honest.

    But on the same track, Apple could well include the OS in a partition on the HDD itself. Why not? Instead of giving 995.5 GB (out of TB) to users after the OS install, give 990GB. For a user buying more than 500GB of HDD or HDD+SSD combined, it doesn't make much a difference; also make it optional.

    I think I did mention this in one of my previous posts that Apple should keep the OS in the HDD itself so there's no need of a disc in most situations.





    Marple Sports Arena. Roller Hockey (Sports Alive)
  • Roller Hockey (Sports Alive)



  • skochan
    Jul 30, 08:21 PM
    Some rumors for the Verizon Chocolate (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphones/lg-vx8500-chocolate-to-verizon-confirmed-187461.php) suggest an AUGUST 7TH Release Date. That's the same day as the start of WWDC, when Apple's new products will be announced! Just a coincidence?





    Marple Sports Arena. Sports). Robinho Jeez!
  • Sports). Robinho Jeez!



  • mrdice87
    Sep 16, 12:47 PM
    What's the possiblility of the new mbp being available in stores after the announcement? Is one usually required to order new products online or could I skip the wait by driving an hour to the nearest apple store?





    Marple Sports Arena. Sports Venue
  • Sports Venue



  • Unspeaked
    Aug 11, 01:40 PM
    I guess your point is that Apple agrees with YOU, right?

    No, my point is that I think Apple will continue to do what it's always done, and that those arguing that they'll suddenly treat product announcements differently just because their chips are now supplied by Intel are only speculating.

    I admit I'm speculating as well, but my speculation is based on Apple's known prior history, while other's is based on their wet dreams of Core 2 Duo MacBooks, which they've been wanting since before the *original* MacBook was even announced, and which they'll probably complain about once they're actually released anyway, and hold off for the next gen chips.

    ::sigh::





    Marple Sports Arena. Sports Venue
  • Sports Venue



  • jericho878
    Sep 15, 04:32 PM
    2.16 and 2.33 Merom options
    Magnetic latch
    MacBook style keyboard
    New video card (Nvidia?)
    160GB hard drive option

    IMO, these are the least that Apple can do to keep up with other high performance notebooks in the market. I think new MBP's will arrive one the same day as Photokina although they may not be highlighted at the event.





    Marple Sports Arena. The Announcer#39;s Blog » Pro Sports
  • The Announcer#39;s Blog » Pro Sports



  • ikir
    May 8, 12:45 AM
    For me it is very useful, especially contact, ical sync over air.

    They could make it cheaper like 19$ at year or make some stuff like iPhone tracking a paid service.





    Marple Sports Arena. Miss Marple#39;s Tea Room
  • Miss Marple#39;s Tea Room



  • -aggie-
    May 3, 11:58 AM
    I'm in.

    Please move all the relevant responses to DP's questions to the OP. If it's not in the OP, I don't consider it to be a rule. Maybe I'm a minority, but I'm not going to read through pages of this thread trying to figure things out.





    Marple Sports Arena. Miss Marple#39;s Tea Room
  • Miss Marple#39;s Tea Room



  • Luph67
    Mar 30, 07:52 PM
    iCal has been visually overhauled to look like the iPad version

    It looks so much worse. :(





    Marple Sports Arena. NCAA Basketball 10 Play to
  • NCAA Basketball 10 Play to



  • CKtoph
    Nov 13, 02:59 PM
    I'll let you know when I take a call on it. This is really the first day I have had it. I do not have the TomTom kit plugged into my car's stereo so navigation comes through the speaker of the TomTom kit. What I can remember from the user manual (I don't have it with me at the moment), even when the TomTom kit is plugged into your car's stereo via an auxilary cable, calls and navigation instructions will still come from the TomTom kit and not the car stereo. I currently have no way of checking because my car does not have that input in its stereo.

    As far as visibility on the windshield...it's going to vary on what type of car you drive and where you place it. I'm assuming you have never had a GPS unit in your car. It takes up just as much space as most other GPS devices.

    I have a Garmin in our coupe, but the Garmin's screen is obviously bigger than the iPhone's. We had it mounted on the windshield for some time before the suction wore off, to which we ended up getting the sand bag platform which is working out fine.

    We decided not to get the Navi package in the new sedan so I'm debating my options for getting one. Basically, I'm deciding between just getting a nice stand alone GPS on Black Friday or getting the TomTom kit.

    My concern isn't so much the space taken up by the kit. My concerns before committing to make a purchase are:
    - Will I be able to view the navigation maps and instructions with the same visibility as I would with a standalone GPS?
    - Will I be able to hear the turn-by-turn instructions with the same audibility as a standalone?
    - Will people be able to hear me (and be heard) with the same, or comparable, clarity as if I were using a built-in bluetooth car system?

    EDIT: Ticman actually brings up a great point also with the wires. Maybe the dashboard mount is the way to go. Which leaves the only concern left being clarify of calls.





    Marple Sports Arena. Holiday On Ice presents Spirit
  • Holiday On Ice presents Spirit



  • Multimedia
    Aug 3, 12:38 AM
    http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/intel/intel-core-2-duo-laptops-last-5-hours-in-cross-country-flight-191002.php

    Flying West to East means leaving SF and arriving in NYC. :rolleyes:

    Please tell me I'm wrong again.So I'm Geographically dyslexic. Are you seriously gonna give me a hard time because I got the direction backwards?

    3 hours Yonah
    5+ hours Merom

    Much better frame rates in games. Why are you beating me up over symantics? Why do you not want to be happy this is true? :confused: :eek:





    Marple Sports Arena. —The Arena Spectacular,” a
  • —The Arena Spectacular,” a



  • dba7dba
    Apr 26, 03:13 PM
    They will activate it for you in store so that shouldn't have been an issue.

    what about updates?





    Marple Sports Arena. Sommet Center
  • Sommet Center



  • SiliconAddict
    Nov 26, 02:58 PM
    Simple...it's NOT gonna happen anytime soon.

    The Tablet market is a sad failure, as it represents a tech in search of a purpose...nobody needs or wants it.

    Hint? Think Origami, one among too many MS failures...just like the Zune in the next months.

    Apple will NOT enter the fabled Tablet market again, as the focus of demand is on notebooks, nothing else...yet another borndead rumor.


    God I'm so sick of people making this excuse. So just because no one else has found the right formula it means that Apple can't right?

    Have you ever used a tablet before? If not you are missing out. The experience feels much more personal for some reason. It feels like a platform that is begging for Apple to do something with it.

    PS- Let me guess you were one of those people screeching that Apple would NEVER go Intel. Would never release an iPod with photo capabilities or video. Would never allow Windows to run on a Mac.


    Lol. I totally forgot about the origami. What a flop!

    Its running a slightly modified version of Windows. What did you expect? :rolleyes: Anyone who comes out with a tablet needs to do more then slap their OS on it. there needs to be a fundimental shift in HOW you interact with the OS.





    Marple Sports Arena. E3 2010 EA Sports MMA quot;Live
  • E3 2010 EA Sports MMA quot;Live



  • bastienvans
    Mar 30, 06:00 PM
    Will this work on the 2011 mbp's?





    Marple Sports Arena. All Saints Church, Marple is
  • All Saints Church, Marple is



  • Eidorian
    Aug 11, 09:51 AM
    Would I be able to drop a Conroe processor in my Core Duo iMac?No

    http://guides.macrumors.com/Merom





    Marple Sports Arena. The Area Being Examined,
  • The Area Being Examined,



  • Michaelgtrusa
    Mar 30, 07:11 PM
    Well we are getting closer.





    Marple Sports Arena. Our Boxing Center is open from
  • Our Boxing Center is open from



  • adrock
    Jul 22, 12:55 AM
    Monday is the 24th not the 23rd





    Bradley W
    Sep 10, 11:16 PM
    _





    davegoody
    Apr 27, 02:57 AM
    Some designs changes i'd like to see (all the rest i'm fine with):

    - Dust filters
    - Thunderbolt ports, front and back (instead of one of the firewire ports)
    - Usb 3.0 replacing usb 2.0 ports
    - PSU on bottom to keep it cool
    - HD's on bottom to keep them cool too
    - At least one dedicated SSD bay

    How exactly is a PSU at the bottom going to aid cooling? Heat Rises . . . . so anything above the PSU gets even hotter, this is why traditionally PSUs are at the top of the case.





    daneoni
    Nov 22, 08:42 AM
    I dunno, i dont think buying an iPhone is feasible for at least another year. For me at least, just not excited about it at all. First off, it'll be the first ever Apple phone meaning there will be some niggles, also it'll be a candy bar. The only candy bar phone i can tolerate is a smart phone. Some thing tells me the iPhone WON'T be a smartphone from the ground up. It'll be a phone with *some* smart phone abilities.

    Also, like most recent rumored products from Apple, its probably been waaay overhyped and will end up being a dissapointment.

    Palm shouldn't be so confident though. Apple is the same company that made Michael Dell eat his words.

    People shouldn't discount palm yet either.





    Riemann Zeta
    May 4, 04:43 PM
    Users will be able to upgrade instantly without the need for physical media by purchasing Lion through the Mac App Store.
    I still don't think that this is a good idea. If the download version of Lion were simply a Disc Image file, then that would be fine (I could just burn my own or put it on a stick), but if it is on the App Store, then the entire OS has to be packaged as a .app file. As such, it will not be possible to do a "fresh" reformatted installation of Lion without cracking the .app bundle and burning the install data to a bootable disc.





    notjustjay
    Mar 28, 10:23 AM
    Well, that's just great. The one year I finally decide I'm going to switch to an iPhone, and it's not coming. :eek:

    In all seriousness, I've been on the iPhone fence ever since the first day it came out here in Canada. If it weren't for the 3-year contracts here, I'd have one already. I'm just about ready to finally jump aboard, but so far what has been "saving" me was that every time I go to the local Fido kiosk, they've been sold out. I've been telling myself that since the iPhone 4's been out for quite a while now, the best thing to do is wait for the iPhone 5.



    Tidak ada komentar:

    Posting Komentar