dernhelm
May 6, 05:46 AM
Why migrate at all? Why not support both architectures? They do now. Intel for the high performance guys and ARM for the cheap and easy guys.
The iPad is already positioned as a notebook replacement for the light web surfing, e-mail, e-Book crowd. An ARM based "executive" laptop that extends this for presentations, light document work, etc is just plain obvious.
The iPad is already positioned as a notebook replacement for the light web surfing, e-mail, e-Book crowd. An ARM based "executive" laptop that extends this for presentations, light document work, etc is just plain obvious.
bigandy
Nov 26, 11:11 AM
i don't think it would appeal to that many people, to have an apple tablet.
i mean, the PC/Win versions aren't great sellers...
i mean, the PC/Win versions aren't great sellers...
Stevamundo
Dec 14, 12:39 PM
No, we do NOT have any responsibility to protect Windows users from viruses. It is each computer user's responsibility to protect themselves. Even if every Mac ran antivirus, Windows users are still at a much greater risk from other sources of malware. The common sense approach is for every Windows user to run their own antivirus to protect themselves from malware, whether that malware comes from a Mac user or another source. Mac users do not have a responsibility to burden their computers with AV apps, just because some Windows users may be careless enough to run without AV protection.
It's ALL of our responsibility to try to contain viruses the best we can. I don't want to spread any viruses to my PC friends. That's called politeness.
However I agree, if you are a Windows user and you don't have any AV protection then you're just asking for it.
It's ALL of our responsibility to try to contain viruses the best we can. I don't want to spread any viruses to my PC friends. That's called politeness.
However I agree, if you are a Windows user and you don't have any AV protection then you're just asking for it.
Plutonius
May 3, 06:39 PM
I'm confused. Are you saying that the villain gets to listen to our conversations and then place the traps? Can he place a trap in the room we're in right now? If so, should this planning be done via PM?
He goes after we have moved and has to anticipate where we are going next.
He goes after we have moved and has to anticipate where we are going next.
archipellago
Apr 26, 04:38 PM
I remember the days when fanbois claimed this day will never happen.
Anyway, it will be a tough battle, I'm still not convinced Android is any better than iOS. I think Apple will fall to around 20% for both smartphone and PC market, but will maintain 50% at tablet. This is still a HUGE number for both segments.
Worldwide, Apple are currently around the 4% mark in the 'PeeCee' market.
Anyway, it will be a tough battle, I'm still not convinced Android is any better than iOS. I think Apple will fall to around 20% for both smartphone and PC market, but will maintain 50% at tablet. This is still a HUGE number for both segments.
Worldwide, Apple are currently around the 4% mark in the 'PeeCee' market.
decimortis
Apr 25, 08:59 AM
It's a non-issue.
Sent from your iPhone.
Sent from your iPhone.
Eidorian
Jul 22, 11:14 PM
Maybe the low end MacBook will keep Yonah and get a price drop, while the higher end MacBook, black and white, will get Merom. That might lead to the most sales, to both those looking for a cheaper MacBook, and those waiting for Merom.I don't think Apple should divide a single line between Core Duo and Core 2 Duo. The average idiot customer won't be able to conprehend why Merom is performs better at the same clock speed as Yonah. Between two entirely separate product lines it's not a problem. Unless you start throwing in products with Yonah/Merom at the same clock speed. Watch those heads spin.

digitalfx
Mar 30, 07:31 PM
I can confirm that Preview 2 works w/ the 2011 MBPs.
is TRIM working w 2011 mbp's?
is TRIM working w 2011 mbp's?
Piggie
Apr 25, 04:43 AM
This is for a development in the future and the cost may not go up.
Apple usually outwaits developments until the cost fall into their range.
BTW: I do find it funny that you want to fault Apple for "gaming" a field that they clearly did not want to be in.
BTW2: The iMac for the masses is a clever space saving design. Their sales success shows it!
The Pro type tower boxes with separate monitor are just big clunky boxes.
They take up desk space or are usually hidden under the desk.
Also, in any good design Form follows Function. Apple follows that principle well and then some.
The secret of excellent design is actually what is not there:-)
Well, we will have to disagree there :)
I think Apple puts form/Style above function, and will make a device that does not work very well, or is comfortable/practical for a human to use, simply so that it looks cool and people want to buy it.
Apple usually outwaits developments until the cost fall into their range.
BTW: I do find it funny that you want to fault Apple for "gaming" a field that they clearly did not want to be in.
BTW2: The iMac for the masses is a clever space saving design. Their sales success shows it!
The Pro type tower boxes with separate monitor are just big clunky boxes.
They take up desk space or are usually hidden under the desk.
Also, in any good design Form follows Function. Apple follows that principle well and then some.
The secret of excellent design is actually what is not there:-)
Well, we will have to disagree there :)
I think Apple puts form/Style above function, and will make a device that does not work very well, or is comfortable/practical for a human to use, simply so that it looks cool and people want to buy it.
zap2
Mar 29, 04:34 PM
Plus there is a plethora of unknown pollution aspects of producing tech products. Tree hugger's would freak
Very true sir.
Do you two have any hard data to suggest this is actually true in this case? Considering this company is planning to expand to the US and China, what evidence do you have suggest that its dangerous?
Very true sir.
Do you two have any hard data to suggest this is actually true in this case? Considering this company is planning to expand to the US and China, what evidence do you have suggest that its dangerous?
BRLawyer
Aug 12, 01:40 PM
I am totally happy with my iMac G5 2.0, and I hardly need notebooks in my current job (my trusty iBook G3 still chugs along pretty well with Tiger)...
But I have to admit that, if we see new MBs or MBPs (12" perhaps??) on Paris Expo days, I would be glad to burn some Swiss Francs in no time...for me the specs would have to be the following:
- Merom chips;
- dedicated GPU with at least 128Mb;
- glossy/normal screen options;
- Superdrive;
- BT/AE/Front Row/iSight built-in.
We'll see..!
But I have to admit that, if we see new MBs or MBPs (12" perhaps??) on Paris Expo days, I would be glad to burn some Swiss Francs in no time...for me the specs would have to be the following:
- Merom chips;
- dedicated GPU with at least 128Mb;
- glossy/normal screen options;
- Superdrive;
- BT/AE/Front Row/iSight built-in.
We'll see..!
Tonsko
Dec 14, 02:21 AM
No, we do NOT have any responsibility to protect Windows users from viruses. It is each computer user's responsibility to protect themselves. Even if every Mac ran antivirus, Windows users are still at a much greater risk from other sources of malware. The common sense approach is for every Windows user to run their own antivirus to protect themselves from malware, whether that malware comes from a Mac user or another source. Mac users do not have a responsibility to burden their computers with AV apps, just because some Windows users may be careless enough to run without AV protection.
Speak for yourself mate. It's easy enough to say that, but what happens if I go to a small client's site, and they're not on the case: I end up with a virus nestled on my hard disk. Then I end up going to a data centre, plugging in and... OOPS! The virus gets into the DC. I would be liable. I am insured, but it's easier to prevent than deal with the fallout. Additionally, as a security consultant, it might not look to competant, if you follow :)
Speak for yourself mate. It's easy enough to say that, but what happens if I go to a small client's site, and they're not on the case: I end up with a virus nestled on my hard disk. Then I end up going to a data centre, plugging in and... OOPS! The virus gets into the DC. I would be liable. I am insured, but it's easier to prevent than deal with the fallout. Additionally, as a security consultant, it might not look to competant, if you follow :)
guzhogi
Aug 7, 06:41 PM
1 GB Sticks are only $125 each from Third Parties. (http://www.oempcworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1.0G-PC2-5300E&Category_Code=240pin)
2x1 = 2GB = $250 vs Apples 4x 512 NOT 6x 512 = + $270
4x1 = 4GB = $500 vs. Apple's $990
I think you really should change your order to base ram and add TWO 1GB sticks for only $250 for a total of 3GB to begin with for less than the cost of TWO from Apple taking up only 4 slots. :)
A good site for RAM is www.dealram.com. A lot (as in most, if not all) of the RAM is generic, but much cheaper than Apple's!
2x1 = 2GB = $250 vs Apples 4x 512 NOT 6x 512 = + $270
4x1 = 4GB = $500 vs. Apple's $990
I think you really should change your order to base ram and add TWO 1GB sticks for only $250 for a total of 3GB to begin with for less than the cost of TWO from Apple taking up only 4 slots. :)
A good site for RAM is www.dealram.com. A lot (as in most, if not all) of the RAM is generic, but much cheaper than Apple's!
DeaconGraves
May 4, 02:47 PM
The big question now is, what is the price going to be?
Will people be more hesitant to buy something that costs over $100 that they receive no copy of? (Though Apple is typically good with allowing you to re-download apps).
Will people be more hesitant to buy something that costs over $100 that they receive no copy of? (Though Apple is typically good with allowing you to re-download apps).
PBF
Apr 20, 12:24 AM
So, how many more times are various sources gonna reiterate that iPhone 5 is to come out in Fall? :rolleyes:
david77
Apr 25, 10:30 AM
yes there is a problem. because it's unencrypted and everyone with access to your phone can read the information. the software tool they published showed my travel of the last 6 month quite accurately.
I don't want someone picking up my phone from my desk at work and find out what trips to what company I did. (it works internationally btw)
also I don't think the IRS or other tax collection agencies need to know when I was where.:D
Who is "everyone" with access with your phone? And my iPhone is either right next to me at my desk/home and in my pocket 99% of the time.
I don't want someone picking up my phone from my desk at work and find out what trips to what company I did. (it works internationally btw)
also I don't think the IRS or other tax collection agencies need to know when I was where.:D
Who is "everyone" with access with your phone? And my iPhone is either right next to me at my desk/home and in my pocket 99% of the time.
Applejuiced
Mar 26, 11:51 PM
It's actually pretty sad that Android does not have the majority of the market.. They have new phones being released every other week. A 'newer and better' than last weeks. They make their phones go obsolete faster than anything I've ever seen. They released the Nexus One and that was suppose to be their amazing device... Is that even around anymore? Pretty sure like a month later they had a better one out.
Apple has released 4 iPhone's. Android has released more in a months time... And Apple STILL owns the market. They should really be ashamed. Maybe if they actually spent their time working on ONE great device and released it every like 8 months or even every year.. then maybe I could see potential. I refuse to buy an Android device because I know a week later my brand new phone will be old news.
Yes, and you wont be getting any software updates maybe 1 if you're lucky with android phone but they do drop support right away.
Unlike Apple that still releases firmware updates for 3 years past the release of the phone.
Apple has released 4 iPhone's. Android has released more in a months time... And Apple STILL owns the market. They should really be ashamed. Maybe if they actually spent their time working on ONE great device and released it every like 8 months or even every year.. then maybe I could see potential. I refuse to buy an Android device because I know a week later my brand new phone will be old news.
Yes, and you wont be getting any software updates maybe 1 if you're lucky with android phone but they do drop support right away.
Unlike Apple that still releases firmware updates for 3 years past the release of the phone.
JoeG4
Nov 26, 10:43 PM
Buy out OQO and make the resulting device a little thinner.
http://www.pcstats.com/articleimages/200401/ces2004OQO-4.jpg
http://www.pocketnow.com/html/portal/reviews/0000000796/review/info.jpg
http://www.pcstats.com/articleimages/200401/ces2004OQO-4.jpg
http://www.pocketnow.com/html/portal/reviews/0000000796/review/info.jpg
macnews
Jul 21, 03:17 PM
Well, when you couple the fact it's an entirely new architecture for intel, along with being 64-bit, it might tie in nicely at the developer conference. I expect Leopard to evolve into a full 64-bit OS so these chips can would make for a great entrance at WWDC...IMO.
I agree, 64 bit would be developer worthy, but why wait to introduce a new chip until then? Picture this - release new MBP and iMacs with the new chip before WWDC. At WWDC you annouce and showcase the OS, not the hardware, and at the end introduce a new desktop model and then say "all our pro line of computers and even the top consumer line support 64 bit NOW". Far more impact IMHO.
I agree, 64 bit would be developer worthy, but why wait to introduce a new chip until then? Picture this - release new MBP and iMacs with the new chip before WWDC. At WWDC you annouce and showcase the OS, not the hardware, and at the end introduce a new desktop model and then say "all our pro line of computers and even the top consumer line support 64 bit NOW". Far more impact IMHO.
Don't panic
May 5, 07:48 AM
BTW, searching a room disarms traps, so we should get to a point where our last move is search instead of move, if I understand the rules.
as long as we remember to search a room before we move in the next turn, it shouldn't make much of a difference
as long as we remember to search a room before we move in the next turn, it shouldn't make much of a difference
nitynate
Sep 11, 05:27 AM
:rolleyes:
Well, my generation, we dont need wheel barrows!
We get 10MB/s connections.
Aye.
Well, my generation, we dont need wheel barrows!
We get 10MB/s connections.
Aye.
orthorim
Apr 25, 07:26 AM
It was inevitable that this would come as soon as the iPhone 4 was released. That screen looks sooooo much better than my computer's. At desktop size it's going to be mind-blowing.
The only question is when, and I assume it's primarily a matter of getting the hardware made. No one makes retina 13, 15, and 17" displays and Apple is going to need huge quantities.
Making OS X resolution independent is a pretty big task so doing the prepwork now could still mean it's years away. I hope not of course. If they come out with a retina MBP, I am going to be the first in line to get one.
The only question is when, and I assume it's primarily a matter of getting the hardware made. No one makes retina 13, 15, and 17" displays and Apple is going to need huge quantities.
Making OS X resolution independent is a pretty big task so doing the prepwork now could still mean it's years away. I hope not of course. If they come out with a retina MBP, I am going to be the first in line to get one.
Tommyg117
Jul 29, 11:45 PM
If this had Verizon support, I'd be really pumped. My plan is up in 2 months!
kev0476
Jul 30, 12:52 AM
That is pure, Apple style right there. Of course, I don't picture this phone being a flip phones. I believe (and hope) flip phones are on their way out. They were a fad, but aren't as practical as candy bar phones. They have more moving parts that can break and take longer to answer, especially if your hands are full or you're driving your car. (All you flip-phone people out there, before you start lashing out in defense, just accept those statements as truth, because you know they are.) Nothing beats hearing your phone, looking down, and pushing a button to start talking. As far as accidently calling people, I lock my phone with the push of a button and don't have any problems.
One thing about flip phones, they don't get nearly as much screen damage, which apple is known with having some problems with. and for answering, you just flip it open, how hard is that? and flip phones can have a much larger screen. and with all those people bitching about how low the screen resolution is, it may be the way to go.
Only problem with my flip-phone, battery life is crap.
One thing about flip phones, they don't get nearly as much screen damage, which apple is known with having some problems with. and for answering, you just flip it open, how hard is that? and flip phones can have a much larger screen. and with all those people bitching about how low the screen resolution is, it may be the way to go.
Only problem with my flip-phone, battery life is crap.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar