GregA
Jul 30, 07:54 AM
Just thinking about "compelling applications", and pulling a couple of rumors together...
What happened to the rumour that Apple was making a groupware application? What would happen if you implemented a group scheduling and interaction application on a iPad /phone device. Something that allows for shared calendaring & room bookings, as well as a light development environment for a customised family and/or business mobile-intranet?
What happened to the rumour that Apple was making a groupware application? What would happen if you implemented a group scheduling and interaction application on a iPad /phone device. Something that allows for shared calendaring & room bookings, as well as a light development environment for a customised family and/or business mobile-intranet?
ZLMarshall
Sep 11, 02:35 AM
I really hope we get those MBP updates... even if they just "appear" tomorrow morning without an announcement :D
2 GB movies about as fast as apple can serve them here... if I use my "office connection." Think the DOE would mind my borrowing a little bandwidth for a while? ;)
2 GB movies about as fast as apple can serve them here... if I use my "office connection." Think the DOE would mind my borrowing a little bandwidth for a while? ;)
mscriv
May 5, 12:48 AM
Why would the villain ever move out of the lair?
So that I can have the pleasure of killing you in person. It's so much more enjoyable when I get to stand over you and watch the color drain from your face and the light disappear from your eyes.
Awww... don't be so anxious, it's not all bad. I'll let you stay around by turning you into one of my zombie ghouls. That way you can welcome the next party of ill fated adventurers who dare to darken my doorstep.
http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/17862.jpg?zm=350,350,1,0,0
So that I can have the pleasure of killing you in person. It's so much more enjoyable when I get to stand over you and watch the color drain from your face and the light disappear from your eyes.
Awww... don't be so anxious, it's not all bad. I'll let you stay around by turning you into one of my zombie ghouls. That way you can welcome the next party of ill fated adventurers who dare to darken my doorstep.
http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/17862.jpg?zm=350,350,1,0,0
W1MRK
Apr 23, 04:21 PM
This is where Apple is headed and boy do I like that fact :)
ArtOfWarfare
Apr 24, 07:41 PM
You people are all wrong.
This icon is going on the iPhone, which is going to quadruple the number of pixels in each direction, to 2560 x 3840.
Oh wait, even then then the icon consumes a ridiculous amount of space on the screen...
This icon is going on the iPhone, which is going to quadruple the number of pixels in each direction, to 2560 x 3840.
Oh wait, even then then the icon consumes a ridiculous amount of space on the screen...
dukebound85
Apr 10, 09:05 PM
Really.
So the government has use of your money all year, and you're OK with that?? :confused:
edit: to stay out of prsi but l am not against helping maintain society via taxes and other similar ways such as this
So the government has use of your money all year, and you're OK with that?? :confused:
edit: to stay out of prsi but l am not against helping maintain society via taxes and other similar ways such as this
0815
May 4, 04:44 PM
What about Enterprise users?
The can use the not preferred option ... preferred does not mean its the one and only option - it means it is one of n options (n >=2)
The can use the not preferred option ... preferred does not mean its the one and only option - it means it is one of n options (n >=2)
Number 41
Mar 29, 07:49 PM
Oh do shut up. America doesn't have the technology. Furthermore, I am sure prices of your beloved Apple products would increase almost tenfold if Apple didn't have to pay Chinese peasants to make your shiny toys.
I guarantee America has all the technology required to make components for a phone battery.
And yes, I'd pay more for EVERYTHING I buy if I knew that an American was making it here in America. That means more people working fair-wage jobs, paying taxes, and contributing to the economy by spending THEIR money in the economy as well.
I guarantee America has all the technology required to make components for a phone battery.
And yes, I'd pay more for EVERYTHING I buy if I knew that an American was making it here in America. That means more people working fair-wage jobs, paying taxes, and contributing to the economy by spending THEIR money in the economy as well.
Pegamush
Mar 29, 09:57 AM
i don't like cloud based storage, am i the ony one thinking it is extremely energy wasting?
why would i, in Italy, need to stream data from a server based in sweden, just to play an mp3 song i already own (since then)?
wouldn't it lead to a massive data overload?
or maybe i'm just missing the point..
why would i, in Italy, need to stream data from a server based in sweden, just to play an mp3 song i already own (since then)?
wouldn't it lead to a massive data overload?
or maybe i'm just missing the point..
clibinarius
Mar 27, 12:02 PM
I just don't understand the thought of an iPad 3 this fall. Unless they're trying to line up iPad updates with iPod updates, I don't see how this is possible or even really needed. I like the timing of the current releases. It offsets any updates of iPhones and iPods because they all have different release times.
Having iOS 5 this fall does make sense, honestly.
Maybe they'll release the ipad pro: Retina Display, 2 gigs of ram, 128-256 flash ram, and oh yeah, a price tag of $2000.
I mean a high end tablet would have some appeal...
Having iOS 5 this fall does make sense, honestly.
Maybe they'll release the ipad pro: Retina Display, 2 gigs of ram, 128-256 flash ram, and oh yeah, a price tag of $2000.
I mean a high end tablet would have some appeal...
McGiord
Apr 10, 12:50 PM
Who said that this an equation? What is the variable that is unknown?
2 is still winning!
2 is still winning!
MacsomJRR
Nov 27, 01:02 AM
I'd buy a mac tablet in a heartbeat.
milozauckerman
Jul 22, 11:38 AM
Even though Core Duo has been out for about half a year, a lot of pc laptops are still sold with Pentium-M or Celeron-M cpus.
Not those competing with the MacBook.
A quick search at CompUSA reveals that every manufacturer (as well as Dell, obviously not represented) have Core Duo machines in competition with the MacBook's price and size.
Not those competing with the MacBook.
A quick search at CompUSA reveals that every manufacturer (as well as Dell, obviously not represented) have Core Duo machines in competition with the MacBook's price and size.
zombierunner
Mar 31, 03:33 AM
When can we expect the new updated imacs to ship with Mac OS X Lion pre-installed? would you say June or July?
Finallyfamous
Apr 10, 12:06 PM
I must say i just found this sight through google and had to join because of this post. I am a math teacher and the correct answer is 2
48/2(9+3) is a different equation than 48/2 * (9+3)
using Pemdas or the correct order of operations in the first problem
we first add whats in the parentheses (9+3)= 12
second step we multiply 2(12) =24
final step 48/24 = 2
the people who are getting 288
are adding (9+3) =12
then they are skipping an order of operations and going straight to division 48/2 =24
24 * 12 = 288
48/2(9+3) is a different equation than 48/2 * (9+3)
using Pemdas or the correct order of operations in the first problem
we first add whats in the parentheses (9+3)= 12
second step we multiply 2(12) =24
final step 48/24 = 2
the people who are getting 288
are adding (9+3) =12
then they are skipping an order of operations and going straight to division 48/2 =24
24 * 12 = 288
nuckinfutz
May 8, 04:29 PM
Mobile Me services could well be tiered.
free, slightly limited service, iAd supported
or full, paid for service, minus the iAds.
Why would I want iAds?
MobileMe sells Apple hardware. It works with PCs but only within context of synchronizing data to mobile devices from Apple.
MobileMe isn't here to sell Blackberry, Android or WinMo phones it's here to make data sharing easy between applications and Apple mobile devices.
You guys aren't thinking this through. You're assuming that Apple has the same ability to deliver advertising that Google does and that's false. iAd is a product that's for the mobile space. Apple has excellent analytics from the App Store but where is their analytical data for the web in general? Riiiiiiight it doesn't exist.
You cannot become Google just by slapping up some advertising on a page and waiting for the cash to come in. The ads we see on a web page are just the tip of the iceberg.
If MobileMe becomes free it'll likely be very very basic (maybe sync only) and Apple will entice you to get the Mobileme Pro version once you get a taste of their freemium love.
free, slightly limited service, iAd supported
or full, paid for service, minus the iAds.
Why would I want iAds?
MobileMe sells Apple hardware. It works with PCs but only within context of synchronizing data to mobile devices from Apple.
MobileMe isn't here to sell Blackberry, Android or WinMo phones it's here to make data sharing easy between applications and Apple mobile devices.
You guys aren't thinking this through. You're assuming that Apple has the same ability to deliver advertising that Google does and that's false. iAd is a product that's for the mobile space. Apple has excellent analytics from the App Store but where is their analytical data for the web in general? Riiiiiiight it doesn't exist.
You cannot become Google just by slapping up some advertising on a page and waiting for the cash to come in. The ads we see on a web page are just the tip of the iceberg.
If MobileMe becomes free it'll likely be very very basic (maybe sync only) and Apple will entice you to get the Mobileme Pro version once you get a taste of their freemium love.
ECUpirate44
Apr 9, 06:12 PM
The answer is 288.
Back to 7th grade Math: Order of operations= PEMDAS
Parentheses first 9+3=12
Then division 48/2=24 because 24X2 is 48. Multiplication and division go together.
Then multiplication because they are next to each other. 24(12)=288
Back to 7th grade Math: Order of operations= PEMDAS
Parentheses first 9+3=12
Then division 48/2=24 because 24X2 is 48. Multiplication and division go together.
Then multiplication because they are next to each other. 24(12)=288
damienvfx
Sep 15, 07:56 PM
I sure hope so in the form of a 1GB stick wiht the other slot empty. :cool:
I just went to configure one (makes me happy while I'm waiting) and 1 GIG ram stick was what came with the laptop as the standard option.
I just went to configure one (makes me happy while I'm waiting) and 1 GIG ram stick was what came with the laptop as the standard option.
QuarterSwede
Apr 10, 05:36 PM
I didn't quite read the whole thread, and I've seen people trying to present definitive answers representing multiple possible answers. While I don't claim to be an end all source, math is one thing that I can do and do understand.
I was tempted not to post, but, I think understanding the order of operations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_operations)/etc is something that is relatively important.
Multiple people have quoted the order : P(arenthes) E(xponents) M(ultiplication) D(ivision) A(ddition) S(ubtraction).
As stated, that is NOT totally accurate. Multiplication and division are the same operation, as are addition and subtraction. Thus, the order between them can be flipped. That is, P E D M A S is true, as is P E D M S A, as is P E M D S A.
If multiplication and division both appear you go from LEFT to RIGHT.
Parenthesis are implied multiplication.
So, first, in the parenthesis we have 12, so, 48/2(12). As that is written, one does 48/2=24*12. So, as the problem is written, the answer is 288. While the method of writing the problem is certainly not the best, the problem does, to my knowledge, only have one true answer.
An important note: not all calculators correctly apply the orders of operations. Any scientific calculator form the last 5 years or so should, and if it is outputting anything other then 288 I would be interested in knowing. Some pocket calulators with + - x � just go left to right.
Wolfram is, as usual, right. (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=48%2F2%289%2B3%29)
Well written answer. If Wolfram Alpha says 288 then that's the answer.
I was tempted not to post, but, I think understanding the order of operations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_operations)/etc is something that is relatively important.
Multiple people have quoted the order : P(arenthes) E(xponents) M(ultiplication) D(ivision) A(ddition) S(ubtraction).
As stated, that is NOT totally accurate. Multiplication and division are the same operation, as are addition and subtraction. Thus, the order between them can be flipped. That is, P E D M A S is true, as is P E D M S A, as is P E M D S A.
If multiplication and division both appear you go from LEFT to RIGHT.
Parenthesis are implied multiplication.
So, first, in the parenthesis we have 12, so, 48/2(12). As that is written, one does 48/2=24*12. So, as the problem is written, the answer is 288. While the method of writing the problem is certainly not the best, the problem does, to my knowledge, only have one true answer.
An important note: not all calculators correctly apply the orders of operations. Any scientific calculator form the last 5 years or so should, and if it is outputting anything other then 288 I would be interested in knowing. Some pocket calulators with + - x � just go left to right.
Wolfram is, as usual, right. (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=48%2F2%289%2B3%29)
Well written answer. If Wolfram Alpha says 288 then that's the answer.
AppleScruff1
Apr 25, 10:44 AM
How do you even know if this is true. Oh, I know, I'm a MacRumors reader. I sent an email to Steve Jobs and he said that Apple is storing all of this tracking information in their new data center, that is why it is such a large facility with a tremendous storage capacity.
shaolindave
May 4, 06:07 PM
But that's the point, there is no reason to believe that it will be handled like every other app. Because it's not an app!
Your car analogy is perfect. If all cars have four wheels, and your next vehicle is a car, then you can logically predict it has four wheels.
But if all cars have four wheels, and your next vehcile is a Segway, you can't conclude that the Segway will have four wheels. Because its not a car.
You can't logically predict that Lion on the App Store will have to follow the rules of the other Apps. Lion does not fit the definition of any other product currently on the store. It's an operating system with different issues to deal with than a simple app.
As I mentioned previously, I can't conclude that it will be handled differently, but I also can't conclude it will be handled the same. I can only guess that Apple recognizes the issue regarding system restore and will handle it in some fashion.
IF they handle it differently, cool. IF they don't handle it differently, there'll be problems.
that's what i've been saying all along, yet you're flaming me.
Your car analogy is perfect. If all cars have four wheels, and your next vehicle is a car, then you can logically predict it has four wheels.
But if all cars have four wheels, and your next vehcile is a Segway, you can't conclude that the Segway will have four wheels. Because its not a car.
You can't logically predict that Lion on the App Store will have to follow the rules of the other Apps. Lion does not fit the definition of any other product currently on the store. It's an operating system with different issues to deal with than a simple app.
As I mentioned previously, I can't conclude that it will be handled differently, but I also can't conclude it will be handled the same. I can only guess that Apple recognizes the issue regarding system restore and will handle it in some fashion.
IF they handle it differently, cool. IF they don't handle it differently, there'll be problems.
that's what i've been saying all along, yet you're flaming me.
gkarris
Mar 26, 10:24 PM
But what's this about an iPad 3? I find that very hard to believe, since Apple clearly said that 2011 will be the Year of the iPad 2.
Probably iPad 2.5 - better cameras in 32, 64, and 128...
Probably iPad 2.5 - better cameras in 32, 64, and 128...
DeaconGraves
May 4, 02:47 PM
The big question now is, what is the price going to be?
Will people be more hesitant to buy something that costs over $100 that they receive no copy of? (Though Apple is typically good with allowing you to re-download apps).
Will people be more hesitant to buy something that costs over $100 that they receive no copy of? (Though Apple is typically good with allowing you to re-download apps).
Skika
Apr 24, 06:13 PM
WOW!
This would be AWESOME!
I can't imagine my 27" iMac with the same resolution as an iPhone 4!:eek:
This said, it could potentially make macs more expensive in the future.....:(
Well Done Apple! You've done it again!
Wow, that would look rly horrible, i mean 960x640 on a 27 inch screen:eek:
Just joking, u probably meant DPI.
This would be AWESOME!
I can't imagine my 27" iMac with the same resolution as an iPhone 4!:eek:
This said, it could potentially make macs more expensive in the future.....:(
Well Done Apple! You've done it again!
Wow, that would look rly horrible, i mean 960x640 on a 27 inch screen:eek:
Just joking, u probably meant DPI.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar