Dr Kevorkian94
Apr 9, 06:15 PM
The answer is 288.
Back to 7th grade Math: Order of operations= PEMDAS
Parentheses first 9+3=12
Then division 48/2=24 because 24X2 is 48. Multiplication and division go together.
Then multiplication because they are next to each other. 24(12)=288
this is the only way to do it, why is there even an other answer?
Back to 7th grade Math: Order of operations= PEMDAS
Parentheses first 9+3=12
Then division 48/2=24 because 24X2 is 48. Multiplication and division go together.
Then multiplication because they are next to each other. 24(12)=288
this is the only way to do it, why is there even an other answer?
whmees
Aug 4, 12:39 AM
right... so what exactly do i have to do for my relatively new MBP to "accidentally" start encountering "problems" and have to have it sent in to get a replacement?
;)
;)
navguy
Jan 4, 10:12 AM
There are numerous Youtube videos using the car kit, some that are dash mounted, and it seems to make no difference. I understand its more of a "line of sight" issue so as long as the mount is visible to the sky you're fine. I get mine by Fedex today and I'm mounting it to the dash so I'll let you know how it all works for me.
thanks for the feedback. that would be great.
some of the behavior of the mount that i'm noticing (by using the TomTom car kit free app) is that from a cold start, the mount takes about 20-30 seconds to achieve a satellite fix ... seems longer than the 3GS which makes sense because the mount doesn't have assisted GPS (cellular triangulation help) ...
BUT i'm curious whether the satnav apps are waiting on the mount's fix or taking first availalble? ... i would hope they'd wait on mount since ultimately it should have more precision since it's called 'enhanced' GPS, but how can you tell for sure?
one thing i've tried is to remove the iPhone from the mount after navigating and see if it disrupts the GPS signal w/in the satnav app ... i would expect there to be a switch over to internal GPS and see a small disruption ... but i'm not getting a disrupted signal ... can't be sure one way or the other
thanks for the feedback. that would be great.
some of the behavior of the mount that i'm noticing (by using the TomTom car kit free app) is that from a cold start, the mount takes about 20-30 seconds to achieve a satellite fix ... seems longer than the 3GS which makes sense because the mount doesn't have assisted GPS (cellular triangulation help) ...
BUT i'm curious whether the satnav apps are waiting on the mount's fix or taking first availalble? ... i would hope they'd wait on mount since ultimately it should have more precision since it's called 'enhanced' GPS, but how can you tell for sure?
one thing i've tried is to remove the iPhone from the mount after navigating and see if it disrupts the GPS signal w/in the satnav app ... i would expect there to be a switch over to internal GPS and see a small disruption ... but i'm not getting a disrupted signal ... can't be sure one way or the other
rock6079
Nov 26, 03:15 PM
bah! how many times do we have to hear these tablet rumors! one day they will come out with a tablet and one of these rumors will be right, untill then...
Multimedia
Aug 3, 11:49 PM
I'm gonna go on record and say they will NOT intro new MBP at wwdc. Some sales of the current MBP are better than none and if they they intro a new one they will not sell any and probably just take pre orders. Not gonna happen. They will wait until late August or early September to announce them when they are actually ready.Steve does not have to announce any new products to say they are going to shift to Core 2 across the board ASAP. :)
aswitcher
Aug 7, 02:28 PM
Hmm... Cinema displays also got a bump.
20" ACD
Brightness: 250 cd/m2 -> 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 400:1 -> 700:1
23" ACD
Brightness: 270 cd/m2 -> 400 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 400:1 -> 700:1
Oww.I saw the rpice drop but not the spec boost. I thought Apple was trying to clear older stock but now I think this is the new monitor and we caren't going to see one with an iSight built in. New iSight maybe...
20" ACD
Brightness: 250 cd/m2 -> 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 400:1 -> 700:1
23" ACD
Brightness: 270 cd/m2 -> 400 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 400:1 -> 700:1
Oww.I saw the rpice drop but not the spec boost. I thought Apple was trying to clear older stock but now I think this is the new monitor and we caren't going to see one with an iSight built in. New iSight maybe...
ehoui
Apr 7, 04:43 PM
Yes, the war just started and things are heating up. I would think the next few years will result in a tablet OS distribution that looks like this:
iOS - 35%
Android - 40%
WebOS - 20%
RIM - 5%
Apple - 35%
HP - 20%
RIM - 5%
Samsung - 15%
Moto - 10%
LG - 10%
HTC - 5%
Maybe Microsoft will wedge their way in, maybe the percentages will be shifted around a little. But the growth of the tablet market will stabilize or at least stop growing at the rapid pace that it currently enjoys.
This is the interesting point and I agree largely with your sentiment: the real losers here are not iOS and Android (via their competition with each other). It's the other vendors. WebOS has a chance to participate as a key alternative (with the right execution from HP), but Microsoft is in real jeopardy here of missing the boat (again). I'm not rooting for MS' demise -- far from it. But MS better get on the ball quickly.
iOS - 35%
Android - 40%
WebOS - 20%
RIM - 5%
Apple - 35%
HP - 20%
RIM - 5%
Samsung - 15%
Moto - 10%
LG - 10%
HTC - 5%
Maybe Microsoft will wedge their way in, maybe the percentages will be shifted around a little. But the growth of the tablet market will stabilize or at least stop growing at the rapid pace that it currently enjoys.
This is the interesting point and I agree largely with your sentiment: the real losers here are not iOS and Android (via their competition with each other). It's the other vendors. WebOS has a chance to participate as a key alternative (with the right execution from HP), but Microsoft is in real jeopardy here of missing the boat (again). I'm not rooting for MS' demise -- far from it. But MS better get on the ball quickly.
-Ken-
Apr 7, 10:02 AM
I wonder if this affects HP's Touchpad. HP has deep pockets as well though.
asdf542
Mar 28, 09:56 AM
The original article is just basing this off of the one sentence Apple included on the invitation. They have no source. Sounds to me like is is some good old fashioned FUD. If the iPhone 5 is just a 3GS like upgrade then there really won't be all that much to talk about which is why the main attraction will be the software. That doesn't mean there won't be any hardware updates.
mrkramer
Apr 22, 02:50 PM
Please don't say "stop complaining, you're rich", because he wasn't born that way. He built those business from scratch, and i do not believed those actions should be punished with insane taxes
Did he build them completely by himself, or did he benefit from government subsidies of the oil industry, a stable environment created by a strong government, foreign markets that are kept open due to our military, did he benefit from shipping any products on our national highway system, the internet which was developed as a US military project, or any of the many other things the government has created?
Nobody builds a business completely from scratch without any sort of government help, even if that help is just a stable environment, if that wasn't the case Somalia would be the worlds top economy and have the most new ideas flowing out of it. And to pay for those things you have to pay taxes to pay the country back for the benefits you get by having your business here.
Did he build them completely by himself, or did he benefit from government subsidies of the oil industry, a stable environment created by a strong government, foreign markets that are kept open due to our military, did he benefit from shipping any products on our national highway system, the internet which was developed as a US military project, or any of the many other things the government has created?
Nobody builds a business completely from scratch without any sort of government help, even if that help is just a stable environment, if that wasn't the case Somalia would be the worlds top economy and have the most new ideas flowing out of it. And to pay for those things you have to pay taxes to pay the country back for the benefits you get by having your business here.
bella92108
Apr 5, 03:03 PM
I guess you mean they disturb your view of the world .... ;)
Well the reason I was saying throw it out is because it hurts the Apple outlook, but hey, if you want to compare an OS that's been out for a year to one that's been out for a month, go for it, but the critics will eat you up just like they did Steve's comments about android 3.0 only having 50 apps. How many did iOS have FOR the iPad when it was announced? FIVE, and they were the five that APPLE created, but hey, live in your world.
Well the reason I was saying throw it out is because it hurts the Apple outlook, but hey, if you want to compare an OS that's been out for a year to one that's been out for a month, go for it, but the critics will eat you up just like they did Steve's comments about android 3.0 only having 50 apps. How many did iOS have FOR the iPad when it was announced? FIVE, and they were the five that APPLE created, but hey, live in your world.
Wolfpup
Jan 12, 10:56 AM
It's not ignorant at all.
Yes, a handful do, and they can be easily avoided with a reasonable dose of common sense.
That's true, but it's true of Windows too. If you're sensible, you probably won't get infected. But given these things have no real overhead, and there is a real risk, it's just sensible to use it.
There is no problem running on an admin account, if you're even moderately aware of what you're doing.
It still prompts if something's trying to use your admin/root privileges, right?
The market share myth is ridiculous and has no basis in fact.
Of course it does. A quick Google finds multiple Mac hackers saying that actually OS X is easier to hack. Market value of doing so or effort required to hit a much smaller target are the reasons cited for generally not bothering.
You already know Apple's software has exploits too, if you've ever run any Apple software and not disabled updates.
This is just the reality of the modern world-our computers are connected. Our software is insanely complex. Put the two together, and you end up with all sorts of issues being discovered.
Yes, a handful do, and they can be easily avoided with a reasonable dose of common sense.
That's true, but it's true of Windows too. If you're sensible, you probably won't get infected. But given these things have no real overhead, and there is a real risk, it's just sensible to use it.
There is no problem running on an admin account, if you're even moderately aware of what you're doing.
It still prompts if something's trying to use your admin/root privileges, right?
The market share myth is ridiculous and has no basis in fact.
Of course it does. A quick Google finds multiple Mac hackers saying that actually OS X is easier to hack. Market value of doing so or effort required to hit a much smaller target are the reasons cited for generally not bothering.
You already know Apple's software has exploits too, if you've ever run any Apple software and not disabled updates.
This is just the reality of the modern world-our computers are connected. Our software is insanely complex. Put the two together, and you end up with all sorts of issues being discovered.
Ompaa
Sep 15, 04:50 PM
hm I guess one thing is interesting:
as http://www.macshrine.com/2006/09/15/merom-macbook-pro-at-photokina/ says
There are rumors of a 1.83GHz powered 12″ model
at the same time Brenthaven offers "Pro 12/15" bags -> http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-apple-pro-12-15.html
So does Brenthaven know more?
Will there be an overall update on design including a 12'' model ?(!)
(well of course that's just a fake argument since I guess they had the cases already for smaller powerbooks (?))
Anyway speculating is funny :D
as http://www.macshrine.com/2006/09/15/merom-macbook-pro-at-photokina/ says
There are rumors of a 1.83GHz powered 12″ model
at the same time Brenthaven offers "Pro 12/15" bags -> http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-apple-pro-12-15.html
So does Brenthaven know more?
Will there be an overall update on design including a 12'' model ?(!)
(well of course that's just a fake argument since I guess they had the cases already for smaller powerbooks (?))
Anyway speculating is funny :D
TennisandMusic
Apr 5, 01:04 PM
Kind of weird, Apple should not be meddling in that stuff. Way way too domineering.
Bye Bye Baby
May 7, 01:01 PM
I must say that mobileme is essential for me. Laptop, desktop, media centre mini, iphone and one day an ipad- i need a way of syncing contacts/ email/ calendars/ documents and settings that no one else offers so easily.
I do not like google as a company. I simply don't trust them and don't like their business model.
Both back to my mac and the iphone locator have beed precious tools for me.
there is a lot there but I think they could upgrade the service for us.
I do not like google as a company. I simply don't trust them and don't like their business model.
Both back to my mac and the iphone locator have beed precious tools for me.
there is a lot there but I think they could upgrade the service for us.
treblah
Aug 2, 11:58 AM
finally someone reasonable! so many of you flippin fools don't realize what WWDC stands for...
World wide DEVELOPER'S conference!
this is about professional stuff. in they launched the powermac g5, because developers could then write 64-bit apps…
And they also launched the iSight at the '03 WWDC (and gave one to everyone attending IIRC) cause we all know how developers need that. :rolleyes:
A Steve Keynote is a Steve Keynote. Call it MWSF or WWDC it doesn't matter, the press will eat it up just the same and, luckily for us, Steve knows that. :)
World wide DEVELOPER'S conference!
this is about professional stuff. in they launched the powermac g5, because developers could then write 64-bit apps…
And they also launched the iSight at the '03 WWDC (and gave one to everyone attending IIRC) cause we all know how developers need that. :rolleyes:
A Steve Keynote is a Steve Keynote. Call it MWSF or WWDC it doesn't matter, the press will eat it up just the same and, luckily for us, Steve knows that. :)
ravenvii
Jul 29, 11:34 PM
The Apple iPhone would have to be better in functionality than a Blackberry to be considered useful, unless they can work out a better input device method or utilize Microsoft's Vista speech recognition program.
Hurray! Exactly what I'm thinking.
If Apple accomplishes this, I'll sell my Blackberry and buy Apple's phone in a flash.
But please, no speech recnogization... have you seen Microsoft's demo of their technology? Hilarious.
Hurray! Exactly what I'm thinking.
If Apple accomplishes this, I'll sell my Blackberry and buy Apple's phone in a flash.
But please, no speech recnogization... have you seen Microsoft's demo of their technology? Hilarious.
PecanEater
Apr 5, 01:03 PM
Lame. You can be sure Toyota will capitulate to the Apple strong arm.
Gasu E.
Mar 30, 09:58 AM
You complain about "imposing beliefs", but asking people to "say a prayer" on the forum is certainly pushing one's beliefs on others.
Aiden,
In America, we've got "Freedom of Speech." And, we also have "Freedom of Religion". (We've also got "Separation of Church and State", but as far as I can tell, the respondant represents neither government, nor is he trying to use government to promote his views.) So, it seems to me the respondant is merely exercising his two aforementioned "Freedoms" simultaneously.
Additionally, you conflate "asking" people to do something with "pushing". Sorry, but I get "asked" to do things all day, in normal communication, via advertising, in speeches and presentations, etc. I don't see any problem with this as long as coercion is not involved. I am free to play or not, as I choose. Human interaction just plain involves a lot of this "asking" stuff.
BTW, I'm a complete atheist. I think "asking to pray" is totally cornball. But I don't see a problem with it-- whatever gets you through the day is fine by me.
Aiden,
In America, we've got "Freedom of Speech." And, we also have "Freedom of Religion". (We've also got "Separation of Church and State", but as far as I can tell, the respondant represents neither government, nor is he trying to use government to promote his views.) So, it seems to me the respondant is merely exercising his two aforementioned "Freedoms" simultaneously.
Additionally, you conflate "asking" people to do something with "pushing". Sorry, but I get "asked" to do things all day, in normal communication, via advertising, in speeches and presentations, etc. I don't see any problem with this as long as coercion is not involved. I am free to play or not, as I choose. Human interaction just plain involves a lot of this "asking" stuff.
BTW, I'm a complete atheist. I think "asking to pray" is totally cornball. But I don't see a problem with it-- whatever gets you through the day is fine by me.
nplima
Sep 11, 11:46 AM
Hi all
This debate about video downloads, DRM, small screens vs. big screens, etc. just makes me suspicious of one thing: the iPod brandname is just too good to take chances with it.
As Steve Jobs said in the original presentation of iPod, music is something that relates to everyone. this product can be sold to anyone, and the related services have to make sense from the point of view of Mac and PC users alike. This doesn't happen with video, IMHO.. there are just too may details that prevent TV and video to appeal to everyone.. different film ratings, different availability of broadband, NTSC vs. PAL TV sets (to plug your "vPod" to), ...
I an't wait to see what is coming out of this new presentation, but I'm hoping for something less revolutionary. It's not the fault of Apple Computer that things are complicated sometimes... the iPod product is good as is, it would be strange to taint its name with a launch of a video service with 1/10 of the reach of iTunes/iPod...
This debate about video downloads, DRM, small screens vs. big screens, etc. just makes me suspicious of one thing: the iPod brandname is just too good to take chances with it.
As Steve Jobs said in the original presentation of iPod, music is something that relates to everyone. this product can be sold to anyone, and the related services have to make sense from the point of view of Mac and PC users alike. This doesn't happen with video, IMHO.. there are just too may details that prevent TV and video to appeal to everyone.. different film ratings, different availability of broadband, NTSC vs. PAL TV sets (to plug your "vPod" to), ...
I an't wait to see what is coming out of this new presentation, but I'm hoping for something less revolutionary. It's not the fault of Apple Computer that things are complicated sometimes... the iPod product is good as is, it would be strange to taint its name with a launch of a video service with 1/10 of the reach of iTunes/iPod...
Daveoc64
May 4, 03:15 PM
That's NOT the context here.
I'm the one that raised the point in the first place! I think I set the context!
And don't tell me you take the EULA seriously.
I do. I don't have any need to violate it. I only have one Mac.
All of my computers have a fully licenced copy of Windows XP or 7 on them.
I'm the one that raised the point in the first place! I think I set the context!
And don't tell me you take the EULA seriously.
I do. I don't have any need to violate it. I only have one Mac.
All of my computers have a fully licenced copy of Windows XP or 7 on them.
wizard
Mar 29, 03:29 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
Hey Apple,
I don't want my iPhone 5 to be leaking radiation...
Too soon? :cool::rolleyes:
Always looking at the negative side of things. Maybe a little radiation will lead to higher power densities.
Hey Apple,
I don't want my iPhone 5 to be leaking radiation...
Too soon? :cool::rolleyes:
Always looking at the negative side of things. Maybe a little radiation will lead to higher power densities.
iJawn108
Jul 30, 11:06 AM
Ah man. I wanted a cheap, robust, no-BS phone. I don't know what my next cellphone will be. I just don't feel like investing a lot into a cellphone. What I want to do is to just TALK! I feel the same.
I'd like apple to release a shuffle sized phone that is ,durable,sleek, simple, has no camera, no internetbrowsing, a small LED display.
But alas that will never happen. The iPhone could be enough for me to venture out into territory i haven't in over...5 years now. OWNING A CELL! ;)
Make it good apple so I can throw my $ at you without hesitation.
I'd like apple to release a shuffle sized phone that is ,durable,sleek, simple, has no camera, no internetbrowsing, a small LED display.
But alas that will never happen. The iPhone could be enough for me to venture out into territory i haven't in over...5 years now. OWNING A CELL! ;)
Make it good apple so I can throw my $ at you without hesitation.
RalfTheDog
Apr 7, 12:13 PM
Apple is extremely proactive. Which means they have a plan in place. When competition does something good that fits with their plans, then Apple can add it as a line item to their existing plans and assign it to a specific iOS release.
The competition on the other hand is defining their plans and goals completely based on what Apple does or what Apple's critics are saying. They do not have a very long-term vision of where they want to be and are by-and-large reactionary to what Apple is doing.
I will say that Google does indeed have a long-term vision, but not for Android's features. Google's long-term vision is to do anything they can to ensure they sit in between the user and the information on the Internet so they can advertise to them. They see Facebook as a major threat in this regard as well as Apple. Google's long-term plans are being disrupted by these other major players. Android/Honeycomb is a reactionary attempt to correct for some of that.
The day Apple starts competing against other companies is the day Apple products will stagnate. Apple does best when they compete against themselves. You don't win by doing what others do; You win by remaping the industry. (Perhaps Google and RIM need to stop competing against Apple and do something different.)
The competition on the other hand is defining their plans and goals completely based on what Apple does or what Apple's critics are saying. They do not have a very long-term vision of where they want to be and are by-and-large reactionary to what Apple is doing.
I will say that Google does indeed have a long-term vision, but not for Android's features. Google's long-term vision is to do anything they can to ensure they sit in between the user and the information on the Internet so they can advertise to them. They see Facebook as a major threat in this regard as well as Apple. Google's long-term plans are being disrupted by these other major players. Android/Honeycomb is a reactionary attempt to correct for some of that.
The day Apple starts competing against other companies is the day Apple products will stagnate. Apple does best when they compete against themselves. You don't win by doing what others do; You win by remaping the industry. (Perhaps Google and RIM need to stop competing against Apple and do something different.)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar