iApples
Apr 10, 02:42 AM
Again, I'd like to warn people: this is not always true. Even if you enter it exactly as above, your calculator will not always give you 288. Some will give you two. Some settings may give you two. Don't trust a calculator blindly.
Reset your settings to default and you'll get 288. I've tried it on 7 calculators that I've found around the house. 6 of them equalled to 288 and the 7th one equalled to 2. But that calculator did not have the numbers entered exactly as in the OP. Or you can go try it on Google. Google doesn't lie.
Looks like your sarcasm is on par with you math. When you have to explain sarcasm, it's not really sarcastic.
It must be on par with your math skills then. Horrible.
Reset your settings to default and you'll get 288. I've tried it on 7 calculators that I've found around the house. 6 of them equalled to 288 and the 7th one equalled to 2. But that calculator did not have the numbers entered exactly as in the OP. Or you can go try it on Google. Google doesn't lie.
Looks like your sarcasm is on par with you math. When you have to explain sarcasm, it's not really sarcastic.
It must be on par with your math skills then. Horrible.
Merkie
Mar 27, 06:53 AM
I'd say that they have had a wakeup call with all of the new android honeycomb tablets coming out in competition and they are worried that the ipad2 won't look so good when there are other good options to choose from.
The HP web os is also a very potent system which offers features much closer to a real computer than an entertainment gadget.
If they wait around a year to update, they will be behind in features and specs, and the app market for android and web os will have grown in leaps and bounds as well.
Let's face it, the majority of apps for phones and tablets are rubbish and we don't need 300k android apps that are equally rubbish and pointless.
What we need are a few really good productivity apps on tablets with serious multitasking and connectivity features.
And in the end, Apple knows that the fanboys will rush out and buy a new version of whatever they are selling, regardless of how recent the last version was.A wake-up call? Apple set the standard for tablets, and so far Apple is the only company who is able to sell millions of tablets. There are hardly and Android tablets available, and they're certainly not shipping in the volume as the iPad 2 is.
Apple currenly has absolutely no reason to be worried at all. They have the best tablet, the best apps and the best reputation. Oh, and they own 99% of the market. Hardware-wise, the iPad 2 is top of the bill. Extremly fast GPU, dual core processor, increased RAM, dual cameras, 720p recording. The only aspect of the iPad 2 that might be lacking, is the OS. So if Apple wants to keep the lead, they should innovate on software, not hardware. The hardware is already top of the bill.
iPad 3 release this fall makes no sense to me at all.
The HP web os is also a very potent system which offers features much closer to a real computer than an entertainment gadget.
If they wait around a year to update, they will be behind in features and specs, and the app market for android and web os will have grown in leaps and bounds as well.
Let's face it, the majority of apps for phones and tablets are rubbish and we don't need 300k android apps that are equally rubbish and pointless.
What we need are a few really good productivity apps on tablets with serious multitasking and connectivity features.
And in the end, Apple knows that the fanboys will rush out and buy a new version of whatever they are selling, regardless of how recent the last version was.A wake-up call? Apple set the standard for tablets, and so far Apple is the only company who is able to sell millions of tablets. There are hardly and Android tablets available, and they're certainly not shipping in the volume as the iPad 2 is.
Apple currenly has absolutely no reason to be worried at all. They have the best tablet, the best apps and the best reputation. Oh, and they own 99% of the market. Hardware-wise, the iPad 2 is top of the bill. Extremly fast GPU, dual core processor, increased RAM, dual cameras, 720p recording. The only aspect of the iPad 2 that might be lacking, is the OS. So if Apple wants to keep the lead, they should innovate on software, not hardware. The hardware is already top of the bill.
iPad 3 release this fall makes no sense to me at all.
GadgetAddict
Apr 20, 12:32 AM
Why do we still call it iPhone 5? Everything points to iPhone 4S.
KindredMAC
Aug 7, 04:56 PM
And there are still people looking for a "minitower" Mac...can't we put this rumor to rest???
Headless/minitower Mac = PowerBook G5
Don't forget... =iPhone
I still don't believe in the whole iPhone jazz.
Headless/minitower Mac = PowerBook G5
Don't forget... =iPhone
I still don't believe in the whole iPhone jazz.
w_parietti22
Jul 30, 01:16 AM
Please dont call it an "iPhone" that is so... no. if it was called iPhone I dont think that I would buy it. if it was MacPhone Pro or something like that than maybe... ;). No but please dont name it either of those. Come up with something new and original.
Tilpots
Apr 9, 09:44 PM
Then we can end this on agreement. I don't believe in it too. My wife should keep her job if and only if she continues to do it well not because its near impossible to fire tenured staff. But don't think I missed your sarcasm...
Yeah for common ground! Our relationship just hit an inception point and I think things are looking up. :)
Yeah for common ground! Our relationship just hit an inception point and I think things are looking up. :)
HecubusPro
Sep 10, 11:05 PM
It also leaves the MBP. If it is not updated, I will likely be driven into a mad frenzy where I buy some other brand of laptop. Honestly, the things Apple is forcing me to do...
I don't see that happening this week, as much as I want a merom MBP. This Sept. 12th event is geared soley towards ipods, nanos, and especially the movie store. I'm betting nothing will be said or released concerning MBP's or MB's. I hope to god I am proven wrong though. Ultimately, as poppe has suggested on other threads, Photokina on the 26th will be the place where MBP updates will happen, as that is more of a pro event. If they don't happen by then, that's when I will beging looking at yonah MBP's.
I don't see that happening this week, as much as I want a merom MBP. This Sept. 12th event is geared soley towards ipods, nanos, and especially the movie store. I'm betting nothing will be said or released concerning MBP's or MB's. I hope to god I am proven wrong though. Ultimately, as poppe has suggested on other threads, Photokina on the 26th will be the place where MBP updates will happen, as that is more of a pro event. If they don't happen by then, that's when I will beging looking at yonah MBP's.
natharvey
Mar 30, 05:45 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
I agree, I just want dome minor UI changes. nothing too major. can't wait for Lion!
I agree, I just want dome minor UI changes. nothing too major. can't wait for Lion!
Frazzle
Nov 5, 05:15 AM
If Apple made this carkit themselves, I bet that everyone here would accept the price with no questions asked.
I'm glad that this device is not selling in Europe for the usual Apple rate of 1 dollar = 1 euro.
I'm glad that this device is not selling in Europe for the usual Apple rate of 1 dollar = 1 euro.
CalBoy
Apr 15, 12:18 PM
You could be right. I've changed my mind a bunch of times before. But I'd like to hear your explanation for why a lower marginal tax rate has caused more people to enter poverty and unemployment.
Essentially my theory is (and it's not really mine but I've forgotten who deserves credit for it) that as tax rates drop, wealth concentrates and becomes less mobile. The free market ceases to operate because bargaining power, knowledge, and resources are all on one side, eventually causing 95% to be at the whim of the remaining 5.
This was essentially the status quo in places like pre-revolution France. It predominated societies until the reforms of the 20th Century. It was only then that we saw incomes improve for the masses. The historical record clearly shows that higher marginal tax rates are good because they don't allow the rich to rest on their laurels while at the same time helping out the unfortunate (who are then able to more fully participate in the economy).
Essentially my theory is (and it's not really mine but I've forgotten who deserves credit for it) that as tax rates drop, wealth concentrates and becomes less mobile. The free market ceases to operate because bargaining power, knowledge, and resources are all on one side, eventually causing 95% to be at the whim of the remaining 5.
This was essentially the status quo in places like pre-revolution France. It predominated societies until the reforms of the 20th Century. It was only then that we saw incomes improve for the masses. The historical record clearly shows that higher marginal tax rates are good because they don't allow the rich to rest on their laurels while at the same time helping out the unfortunate (who are then able to more fully participate in the economy).
cciliberto33
Mar 28, 10:22 AM
I have an upgrade in May no new iphone im getting an inspire.
JAT
Mar 29, 01:38 PM
I'd pay a premium for products manufactured in the US.
Products might be more expensive, but there would be more Americans employed. As much are there is a downside to producing here, there is also an upside.
Quality would probably go down.
Products might be more expensive, but there would be more Americans employed. As much are there is a downside to producing here, there is also an upside.
Quality would probably go down.
BlizzardBomb
Jul 22, 03:10 PM
I would really like to see Apple have a laptop cheaper than $1,100, and I think there would be a definite market for the, especially for teenagers looking into getting a Mac. I know that's unlikely, but...
Anyways I hope that the MBPs get the processor update (and a new enclosure) very soon and I really hope the MBs and Mac Minis follow soon after.
I don't get any reason for Apple not too, and I think with Intel it would be possible for Apple to get some cheaper computers out there. It would be nice, but seems unlikely.... *sighs*
Agreed. A light, small, cheap Apple laptop targeted at students would be excellent, and an education iMac that's available to the public would be great too. Unlikely, but I'm with you on this one.
In other news, I expect the iMac to stay with an X1600 series card (because Apple have historically used the mid-range cards: 9600, X600, X1600 and possibly the rumored X2600s next year) so maybe an X1600 Pro and/or an XT. I also think that they should update the MacBook Pros graphics card because its a Pro laptop with a mid-range card so a Mobility X1800 would be nice.
Anyways I hope that the MBPs get the processor update (and a new enclosure) very soon and I really hope the MBs and Mac Minis follow soon after.
I don't get any reason for Apple not too, and I think with Intel it would be possible for Apple to get some cheaper computers out there. It would be nice, but seems unlikely.... *sighs*
Agreed. A light, small, cheap Apple laptop targeted at students would be excellent, and an education iMac that's available to the public would be great too. Unlikely, but I'm with you on this one.
In other news, I expect the iMac to stay with an X1600 series card (because Apple have historically used the mid-range cards: 9600, X600, X1600 and possibly the rumored X2600s next year) so maybe an X1600 Pro and/or an XT. I also think that they should update the MacBook Pros graphics card because its a Pro laptop with a mid-range card so a Mobility X1800 would be nice.
grockk
Aug 11, 10:31 AM
Makes no sense to put these in Macbook so soon. Macbook Pro, yes, but not the macbook. Apple have always differentiated the two lines, the fact that current Macbooks are comparable to the Pros is just plain luck and won't last long, IMO.
You are reasoning from apple's history but it's all different now. The problem with this logic is that since Dell, HP and Gateway will be using the merom in consumer computers and apple is using the same chips as everyone else they have to use merom too or appear to be behind in the technology.
You are reasoning from apple's history but it's all different now. The problem with this logic is that since Dell, HP and Gateway will be using the merom in consumer computers and apple is using the same chips as everyone else they have to use merom too or appear to be behind in the technology.
HecubusPro
Sep 15, 11:20 PM
I'd rather have a bigger battery and a Go 7700.
Here! Here! Though I'd be much happier to have the option to upgrade to the GeForce Go 7900 GTX. :D I just don't know how practical to the average user it would be in a MBP. For me, it would be very practical.
Here! Here! Though I'd be much happier to have the option to upgrade to the GeForce Go 7900 GTX. :D I just don't know how practical to the average user it would be in a MBP. For me, it would be very practical.
princealfie
Nov 26, 05:06 PM
********ing A. It's about time. I can't wait to retire my Toshiba Tablet PC. This would be an awesome thing for my artwork and drawing and sketching if they can get this right. Go Apple iTablet!
NAG
Apr 7, 10:47 AM
lol. Poor RIM. You'll get onto the market one of these days.
At least they're trying to get in the market. Microsoft is still running around telling people they need Windows 7 Slates because it can run Adobe Creative Suite. You'd think they would get a clue when HP abandoned ship.
At least they're trying to get in the market. Microsoft is still running around telling people they need Windows 7 Slates because it can run Adobe Creative Suite. You'd think they would get a clue when HP abandoned ship.
Thunderbird
Apr 23, 04:30 PM
Seeing as how the iPad 2 didn't get retina display, I doubt iMacs will.
Imagine the cost of that!!
Imagine the cost of that!!
wacky4alanis
Jan 7, 09:10 AM
I tested my replacement dock this morning with no issues. I actually love this thing when it is working properly. It makes the whole "iPhone in the car" experience so much cleaner. I hop in the car, pop the iPhone into the mount, and it's ready for both music and nav. I also like how the TomTom app pauses the music during its voice instructions. Some people had complained about it being too abrupt, but it doesn't bother me at all. To be honest, I don't talk on the phone very much while driving, so I've only had one phone call using the bluetooth. That call was fine, but I don't have enough experience with it for a proper review.
daneoni
Mar 28, 09:38 AM
You can update hardware silently on a different day and still dedicate time to the two major OSes. I don't see the big deal. The MacBook Pros got Quad Core/Thunderbolt treatment but there was only a press release. Shame the iPhone cycle will be slightly extended this year though but oh well.
skier777
Mar 29, 07:31 PM
But I suspect the Japanese are masters of diversification and will meet the challenges.
http://www.good.is/post/earthquake-ravaged-japanese-highway-rebuilt-in-three-short-days/
http://www.good.is/post/earthquake-ravaged-japanese-highway-rebuilt-in-three-short-days/
Thunderhawks
Mar 29, 03:46 PM
You rang? :p
No, it was the echo:-)
No, it was the echo:-)
GeekLawyer
Apr 18, 03:02 PM
Here we go again! Stupid Lawyers :(A lawyer is only as "stupid" as her client.
ddrueckhammer
Jul 30, 05:57 PM
I hope Apple goes with their own new network.
It would be extremely difficult for them to start their own new network. Since they have billions in the bank, I wouldn't doubt that they could build it, but I doubt that the FCC would provide them a license. There may be some loopholes in FCC regulations allowing this if they provided data services as well, such as presence information (think instant messanger only on a cell where you would know in advance if the person you are going to call is available) or Voip/VoWiFi services... More likely, I could see them being an "MVNO" Mobile Virtual Network Operator like Disney or ESPN who basically resell Sprint service...I see becoming a mobile provider as being a distraction from their primary business goals and even being an MVNO is more trouble than it is worth. They need to get one of the major cell providers to support their phone for it to be a success. Unfortunately, the iPhone goes against the strategic interests of most of these companies...
It would be extremely difficult for them to start their own new network. Since they have billions in the bank, I wouldn't doubt that they could build it, but I doubt that the FCC would provide them a license. There may be some loopholes in FCC regulations allowing this if they provided data services as well, such as presence information (think instant messanger only on a cell where you would know in advance if the person you are going to call is available) or Voip/VoWiFi services... More likely, I could see them being an "MVNO" Mobile Virtual Network Operator like Disney or ESPN who basically resell Sprint service...I see becoming a mobile provider as being a distraction from their primary business goals and even being an MVNO is more trouble than it is worth. They need to get one of the major cell providers to support their phone for it to be a success. Unfortunately, the iPhone goes against the strategic interests of most of these companies...
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar