lilo777
Apr 18, 03:47 PM
Well isn't that just embarassing? lol 10 times the money and they can't find SHI*T :mad:
Annual revenues:
Apple - $65.23 billion (2010)
Samsung Electronics - $117.4 billion (2009)
Annual revenues:
Apple - $65.23 billion (2010)
Samsung Electronics - $117.4 billion (2009)
Kalach
May 6, 02:16 AM
I don't like the sound of this at all! :(
ChickenSwartz
Aug 12, 08:49 AM
I think Paris would be a logical time to unveil a new product. That being said, this is "just an upgrade", not a new product (it's not like the MacBooks are moving to Intel for the first time), so perhaps they will receive an update on "any given Tuesday" instead, and Paris will be reserved for something new, for instance a new full-screen touchless iPod. ;) :cool:
I think we will see the upgrade the Tuesday after they have enough supply to meet the demand. These laptops are selling great and they don't want to have to interrupt the supply. I think this is especially true at the stores.
I think we will see the upgrade the Tuesday after they have enough supply to meet the demand. These laptops are selling great and they don't want to have to interrupt the supply. I think this is especially true at the stores.
koobcamuk
Mar 29, 07:36 PM
Hard for me, even as an Apple fan, to weep too much for a company that chooses to do business overseas isntead of here in America, employing Americans.
Hopefully the situation in Japan improves -- for reasons beyond this.
Oh do shut up. America doesn't have the technology. Furthermore, I am sure prices of your beloved Apple products would increase almost tenfold if Apple didn't have to pay Chinese peasants to make your shiny toys.
Hopefully the situation in Japan improves -- for reasons beyond this.
Oh do shut up. America doesn't have the technology. Furthermore, I am sure prices of your beloved Apple products would increase almost tenfold if Apple didn't have to pay Chinese peasants to make your shiny toys.
daneoni
Nov 22, 08:42 AM
I dunno, i dont think buying an iPhone is feasible for at least another year. For me at least, just not excited about it at all. First off, it'll be the first ever Apple phone meaning there will be some niggles, also it'll be a candy bar. The only candy bar phone i can tolerate is a smart phone. Some thing tells me the iPhone WON'T be a smartphone from the ground up. It'll be a phone with *some* smart phone abilities.
Also, like most recent rumored products from Apple, its probably been waaay overhyped and will end up being a dissapointment.
Palm shouldn't be so confident though. Apple is the same company that made Michael Dell eat his words.
People shouldn't discount palm yet either.
Also, like most recent rumored products from Apple, its probably been waaay overhyped and will end up being a dissapointment.
Palm shouldn't be so confident though. Apple is the same company that made Michael Dell eat his words.
People shouldn't discount palm yet either.
goodcow
Mar 29, 09:04 AM
Hilarious that companies are copying Apple rumors now.
Arn, we need an article that Apple is developing a space ship!
Jeff Bezos (Amazon CEO) already has a company devoted to space research.
http://www.blueorigin.com/
Arn, we need an article that Apple is developing a space ship!
Jeff Bezos (Amazon CEO) already has a company devoted to space research.
http://www.blueorigin.com/
thejadedmonkey
May 6, 03:00 AM
There's no reason why a Macbook Air couldn't use an ARM CPU for multi-day battery life. Heck, force developers to pay a fee to compile for ARM (it's already in place by charging for xcode) and you've basically forced every user to re-buy every app they use, for ARM... that's definitely Apple's MO, and I can definitely believe it.
BrettJDeriso
May 7, 11:03 AM
At the end of the day, cloud syncing should not be a paid service -they could easily bake it into the price of Mac hardware (and it probably already is). On the other hand, the IMAP email, iWeb, and gallery hosting it comes with do warrant a premium. Not the current premium by any stretch of the immagination (I get far better deals on web hosting and email elsewhere), but a premium of some dollar value is warranted, I think.
But, when I really think about it, I don't use my MobileMe email for anything important, I haven't updated my galleries in months, and iWeb sites hosted on Apple's MobileMe servers run slower than steam rising off a manure pile. The syncing however, is invaluable.
But, when I really think about it, I don't use my MobileMe email for anything important, I haven't updated my galleries in months, and iWeb sites hosted on Apple's MobileMe servers run slower than steam rising off a manure pile. The syncing however, is invaluable.

DJMastaWes
Jul 24, 12:00 AM
I agree with you about November. But not for MBP - for Merom in MacBooks. I think since Merom is already shipping early it's a safe bet we'll see Merom MacBook Pros running @ 2.33GHz in September. November would have to be the drop dead date for Merom MacBooks still running @ 2GHz since above that speed they are way too expensive to go into MacBooks.Exactly. The Tuesday September 12 Paris Apple Expo Keynote is the latest MBP will be announced as "shipping today".
I guess I can wait till then. But do you think they will annouce at WWDC, and then say Shipping soon or something, like they did in january?
I guess I can wait till then. But do you think they will annouce at WWDC, and then say Shipping soon or something, like they did in january?

aswitcher
Jul 30, 03:31 PM
Nice piece of work over at www.floatingpears.com
<image>
:D :D :D
Almost perfect. I think it needs one more button below the screen for dedicated shortcuts so I can personalise my access.
Also add in an IR port in the top so I can use it as a remote with Frontrow (when BT isn't a good choice) and more easily eschange files with older phones.
4GB and 8GB options would really bbe iPod subs.
<image>
:D :D :D
Almost perfect. I think it needs one more button below the screen for dedicated shortcuts so I can personalise my access.
Also add in an IR port in the top so I can use it as a remote with Frontrow (when BT isn't a good choice) and more easily eschange files with older phones.
4GB and 8GB options would really bbe iPod subs.
wovel
Apr 18, 03:54 PM
You're thinking of trademark law. Patents are awarded for a specific period of time. You can't lose them just because you don't defend them. You can sue at any time.
Its only trademarks that you have to protect in order to keep them.
You see so many patent lawsuits because there's money in it and to stifle competition. There is no other reason.
If by stifle competition you mean incent R&D, I agree.
Its only trademarks that you have to protect in order to keep them.
You see so many patent lawsuits because there's money in it and to stifle competition. There is no other reason.
If by stifle competition you mean incent R&D, I agree.
Monk Edsel
Aug 11, 09:57 AM
Eh... yeah. Of course I have a MacBook on the way! :( Not a huge deal, but having a 64 bit processor would be nice! But then, my company is buying it for me, so I guess it doesn't really matter in the end anyway. ;)
Machead III
Sep 11, 09:02 AM
how about this for a scenario
quiet release of C2D MB/MBP at the start of the expo - similar to the imac/mac mini
then his steveness can deliver the full its showtime reel at the special event.
announce movie store, with ipod updates, and full ipod video as 'one more thing'
This would be absolute perfection.
quiet release of C2D MB/MBP at the start of the expo - similar to the imac/mac mini
then his steveness can deliver the full its showtime reel at the special event.
announce movie store, with ipod updates, and full ipod video as 'one more thing'
This would be absolute perfection.
WildPalms
Sep 10, 11:10 PM
10 hours? Luxury. I dream of being able to download 2GB in 10 hours.
It'll take me over 4 days.
Wow! What kind of slow-ass lines do you people in Australia have to suffer with?
Thats ridiculously slow. :(
It'll take me over 4 days.
Wow! What kind of slow-ass lines do you people in Australia have to suffer with?
Thats ridiculously slow. :(
Plutonius
May 3, 07:45 PM
There could be treasure here. Searching this room is guaranteed to be safe, as far as I can tell.
Yes but then we are in the sequence search then move as opposed to move then search.
From what was said in the rules, search then move is not desirable.
My vote is to move to another room and start searching it.
Yes but then we are in the sequence search then move as opposed to move then search.
From what was said in the rules, search then move is not desirable.
My vote is to move to another room and start searching it.
aqwhiteh
Nov 26, 09:45 AM
It is inevitable that Mac OS will eventually be more frequently targetted, however I have 'faith' the it is more secure than windows. And if and when the great Mac Virus Outbreak occurs, I'll install AV software, until then. NO.
Security is vaguely to mildly inconvenient, and worth it in my opinion. The only thing I have faith in is that no OS is truly secure if it has a network connection... that, and the willingness and ability of smart people around the world to steal in new and creative ways.
I run Norton 11.1.1 on my mac pro, I barely notice the performance hit with this version, unlike previous ones. Only catch is they don't have full 64-bit support (symantec connect site states it is 'coming soon'). But it does protect against phishing sites (not that I need that necessarily).
One of the most common ways to get malware installed these days is by Rogue AV (popups claim you are 'infected' and tell you to download a free AV app you never heard of to remove it... and bingo you've installed malware). Sophos is not one of these. Point is OS X won't protect users from themselves.
Security is vaguely to mildly inconvenient, and worth it in my opinion. The only thing I have faith in is that no OS is truly secure if it has a network connection... that, and the willingness and ability of smart people around the world to steal in new and creative ways.
I run Norton 11.1.1 on my mac pro, I barely notice the performance hit with this version, unlike previous ones. Only catch is they don't have full 64-bit support (symantec connect site states it is 'coming soon'). But it does protect against phishing sites (not that I need that necessarily).
One of the most common ways to get malware installed these days is by Rogue AV (popups claim you are 'infected' and tell you to download a free AV app you never heard of to remove it... and bingo you've installed malware). Sophos is not one of these. Point is OS X won't protect users from themselves.

macintel4me
Nov 22, 05:19 AM
HEY! who's he calling a "PC guy"??! :mad:
Exactly! Maybe I'm reading too much into this quote, but the "PC guy" remark makes me think that the "Palm guy" is already angry knowing he is about to get his clock cleaned. Time will tell. No doubt, however, that I'd rather put my money on Apple than Palm. Gheez.
Exactly! Maybe I'm reading too much into this quote, but the "PC guy" remark makes me think that the "Palm guy" is already angry knowing he is about to get his clock cleaned. Time will tell. No doubt, however, that I'd rather put my money on Apple than Palm. Gheez.
macMan228
Mar 29, 04:33 PM
In 5-10 years the iPod will become extinct. By then the touch will be hanging on a thin wire.
I really do see this happening, it'll give way to the smartphone revolution. But, arguably, the pre-teen market will need it...
I really do see this happening, it'll give way to the smartphone revolution. But, arguably, the pre-teen market will need it...
treysmay
Aug 6, 12:06 AM
Whats the normal run of events?
3 split up segments and then one more thing
Here is what i reckon
1) Intel transition
blah blah blah, it has been quick, painless developers, developers developers. Everyone has been receptive except $#%#@@! Adobe
Intel keep giving us the chips
today we update MBP and iMac to core 2 duo
2)Talking about tranistion there are 2 products which haven't yet been transistioned
PowerMac > Mac Pro
Xserve > Xserve? Mac Serve?
Mac Pro has 3 configs
Best - Dual Xeon, 1GB 500GB 256X1800 $3299
Better - Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz 1GB 500gb 256mb X1600 $2499
Good - Core 2 Duo 2.6 1GB 250gb 256mb X1600 $1999
Xserves - All Xeons, dah
3) Leopard talk
4) One more thing
Candidates: iPhone, iPod, New Screens (may be intro'd with Mac Pro's) what ever else there could be
I completely second that.
3 split up segments and then one more thing
Here is what i reckon
1) Intel transition
blah blah blah, it has been quick, painless developers, developers developers. Everyone has been receptive except $#%#@@! Adobe
Intel keep giving us the chips
today we update MBP and iMac to core 2 duo
2)Talking about tranistion there are 2 products which haven't yet been transistioned
PowerMac > Mac Pro
Xserve > Xserve? Mac Serve?
Mac Pro has 3 configs
Best - Dual Xeon, 1GB 500GB 256X1800 $3299
Better - Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz 1GB 500gb 256mb X1600 $2499
Good - Core 2 Duo 2.6 1GB 250gb 256mb X1600 $1999
Xserves - All Xeons, dah
3) Leopard talk
4) One more thing
Candidates: iPhone, iPod, New Screens (may be intro'd with Mac Pro's) what ever else there could be
I completely second that.
applexpanther
Mar 29, 11:35 AM
Nobody forces you to store your music there. You can always store it on your computer if you want. Funny how you can see extra feature as a "limitation". I bet that when Apple offers similar service (just more expensive) you'll call it a "revolutionary" feature.
No one forces you now. I was talking in terms of future limitations. I was also speaking in the abstract, meaning any company to offer a service of this nature will "probably" impose some sort of restrictions to gouge money from the consumer. Again, speaking in future terms. Otherwise, what is the point of building some grand service if it has no advantage economically? Companies are out to make money.
No one forces you now. I was talking in terms of future limitations. I was also speaking in the abstract, meaning any company to offer a service of this nature will "probably" impose some sort of restrictions to gouge money from the consumer. Again, speaking in future terms. Otherwise, what is the point of building some grand service if it has no advantage economically? Companies are out to make money.
iJawn108
Sep 15, 10:46 PM
Thank You For This Excellent Analysis Of Santa Rosa And What It Will And Won't Be ergle2. Best I've read anywhere here so far.
Yes I feel the same, and will wholeheartedly purchase a memron. :D
Yes I feel the same, and will wholeheartedly purchase a memron. :D
jwp1964
Jul 22, 09:50 PM
Does this current set of chips include some very low power consumption chips for use in the Apple ultra-portable I want so badly?:confused:
MacBoobsPro
Aug 2, 11:20 AM
What time is the QT stream likely to be uploaded at Apple.com?
BTW I know its not a live feed!
BTW I know its not a live feed!
ticman
Nov 20, 10:53 AM
I just sent BLT an email and wii let I know what I get back. Something doesn't sound right. Must not be getting 20000 units. Just strange
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar