NY Guitarist
Apr 21, 03:53 PM
And how do you operate it? A server can be accessed from a workstation but a Mac Pro IS a workstation, it's not a server. It's not a logical step. I have a professional photographer in the family, with a Mac Pro. He needs to load his RAWs onto his Mac for post processing. How to do this if that Mac is in another room, in a rack :confused: Very inconvenient if you ask me.
Who said in another room? Sure if you want to operate it as a remote server, but workstations can very much benefit from being rack mountable.
I have a friend that shoots stills while being tethered to his Mac Pro. It is on a rolling standard rackmount cart but takes up a huge amount of space on it because it is too tall to lay on its side.
When he's done he rolls the cart into his edit room.
I know of other people who use Mac Pro on film shoots to offload video files from cameras and make backups, on the set. They arrive with carts and roll them around as needed. They say the same thing, "I wish it was rackmountable".
Who said in another room? Sure if you want to operate it as a remote server, but workstations can very much benefit from being rack mountable.
I have a friend that shoots stills while being tethered to his Mac Pro. It is on a rolling standard rackmount cart but takes up a huge amount of space on it because it is too tall to lay on its side.
When he's done he rolls the cart into his edit room.
I know of other people who use Mac Pro on film shoots to offload video files from cameras and make backups, on the set. They arrive with carts and roll them around as needed. They say the same thing, "I wish it was rackmountable".
Kelmon
Aug 11, 11:59 AM
Well, I bought my iMac Core Duo this Wednesday. Yes, AFTER Tuesday. I kinda needed it since I've waited since June for a new Mac.
Heck, I've been waiting about 2-years now for the PowerBook G5/MacBook Pro Merom. I was gutted that they weren't announced on Monday but wasn't expecting them to be shipping anyway until much later this month or September. Anyway, looks like it'll be just over another month before an announcement plus however many days it takes to configure one and send it to me.
Heck, I've been waiting about 2-years now for the PowerBook G5/MacBook Pro Merom. I was gutted that they weren't announced on Monday but wasn't expecting them to be shipping anyway until much later this month or September. Anyway, looks like it'll be just over another month before an announcement plus however many days it takes to configure one and send it to me.
Chris Blount
Apr 18, 02:48 PM
Samsung will simply pay a hefty amount to Apple and we will never hear anything about this again.
syklee26
Sep 15, 06:54 PM
just remember everyone...
all the rumor sits speculated the 23" imac (really 24") would be revealed at the "Showtime" event. apple fooled them all and released it a week early!
let's hope the same thing happens for our mbp's. here's to next tuesday! :D
if you want a completely new MBP, then i don't think u would want that to be released on next Tuesday because if they do quiet update, u won't see changes.
all the rumor sits speculated the 23" imac (really 24") would be revealed at the "Showtime" event. apple fooled them all and released it a week early!
let's hope the same thing happens for our mbp's. here's to next tuesday! :D
if you want a completely new MBP, then i don't think u would want that to be released on next Tuesday because if they do quiet update, u won't see changes.
arkitect
Mar 28, 10:11 AM
Sure you will. :rolleyes:
No need for the rolling eyes there… Some of us already have.
Apple is not the end all be all. Sometimes change is good. ;)
Bad move to keep the iPhone out for 2 years.
I agree.
There is no way Apple can take a break from this cycle.
What is that saying about he who rides the tiger?
No need for the rolling eyes there… Some of us already have.
Apple is not the end all be all. Sometimes change is good. ;)
Bad move to keep the iPhone out for 2 years.
I agree.
There is no way Apple can take a break from this cycle.
What is that saying about he who rides the tiger?
ravenvii
May 3, 09:53 PM
You guys responded to Ravenvii saying that Traps and monsters don't harm the villain, but in the OP, in the Q&A's, you wrote:
- can the villain/monster fall into the traps?
Villain (a stupid one): yes, Monsters: No (since they don't move).
Was that just being funny, or is it a conflicting rule?
Thanks!
Oops. Fixed. (The first answer is correct; fixed the second answer).
Not according to the OP he didn't. In the example the hero had one AP and the monster had one AP. Solomon how did the hero win?
I'm not understanding, what example are you speaking of?
Also where the hell is this lair???
That's what you're supposed to find. Therein awaits the Artifact, and most likely the Villain.
- can the villain/monster fall into the traps?
Villain (a stupid one): yes, Monsters: No (since they don't move).
Was that just being funny, or is it a conflicting rule?
Thanks!
Oops. Fixed. (The first answer is correct; fixed the second answer).
Not according to the OP he didn't. In the example the hero had one AP and the monster had one AP. Solomon how did the hero win?
I'm not understanding, what example are you speaking of?
Also where the hell is this lair???
That's what you're supposed to find. Therein awaits the Artifact, and most likely the Villain.
Hattig
Jul 30, 08:17 AM
so what CPU would power the phone ?
Something based off of the ARM architecture. Maybe a TI OMAP processor (a 150MHz TI OMAP 1510 powers my Motorola phone, that has an integrated ARM9 CPU, I could see an Apple phone using the newer 1710 for example). There's dozens of other mobile phone chipset providers of course, with their own ARM based solutions integrating varying types of functionality.
Something based off of the ARM architecture. Maybe a TI OMAP processor (a 150MHz TI OMAP 1510 powers my Motorola phone, that has an integrated ARM9 CPU, I could see an Apple phone using the newer 1710 for example). There's dozens of other mobile phone chipset providers of course, with their own ARM based solutions integrating varying types of functionality.
macduke
May 6, 12:17 AM
This seems like an inevitable move in the convergence of iOS devices and Mac computers. They will eventually be the same thing. Powerful, robust, thin, power efficient, easy to use touch interface. Lion is moving in the direction of the iPad and iOS in general. The iPad has been gaining more Mac-like features and robust applications. I think the time tables are probably off. I don't see this happening for 4 to 5 years at the earliest. But with billions upon billions in cash reserves, Apple can pretty much do whatever they want!
MacRumors
Apr 7, 09:27 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/07/apple-buys-up-touch-panels-delaying-rims-tablet-release/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/03/22/133658-blackberry_playbook_apps_500.jpg

Fairgrounds Sunday night.

Fairgrounds at night

Fairgrounds Friday night

Indiana Ice at Safe Night

Fairgrounds Friday night.

Fairground+ferris+wheel

and Clark Fairgrounds,

fairgrounds at night.

Paulaner Tent

Liberty Texas TVE Fairgrounds Night time low light panning November 28 2009 Open Rodeo Winter Buckle Series Bullriding Tie Down Team Roping Breakaway Steer
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/03/22/133658-blackberry_playbook_apps_500.jpg
solvs
Jul 23, 10:02 PM
The iBook never went under $999.
I said sub-$1000. $999 is sub-$1000. ;) The iMac started out at $1300, and dropped to $800 at one point. Stuff it getting cheaper. I don't know when a cheaper laptop will be coming out, but I'll bet one is.
I said sub-$1000. $999 is sub-$1000. ;) The iMac started out at $1300, and dropped to $800 at one point. Stuff it getting cheaper. I don't know when a cheaper laptop will be coming out, but I'll bet one is.
bedifferent
Apr 23, 04:38 PM
sorry just a correction the resolution isnt 3200x3200 its 3200x2000 i just checked
Where are the icons located?
Where are the icons located?
GregA
Jul 30, 07:45 AM
Unfortunately, I'm pulled back into thinking, "What could Apple do with phones that hasn't already been done." Small, light, photos, video, internet, music, games, personal organization? Most of this is pretty well covered with the current offerings. So what is going to be the selling point here? Is it going to be expensive or affordable? Is it going to be full-featured or bare bones?
Very good questions.
- Apple could release a stylish simple phone with a simple interface, and the capability of an iPod shuffle built in. There would really be nothing special about such a phone - at most they might give it 3G data connections so someone with a MacBook could use it to get on the net.
- They could certainly be the first provider to make a phone that can ONLY be used handsfree (via the headphones).
- They could leverage their airport base stations to release a VoIP phone that works at home, work, and wireless hotspots.
- The obvious untapped area is integration of VoIP, 3G, & video - but all the big companies are looking at that. The other thing that most mobile companies are having trouble with is the killer app - so many phones have data connectivity, and people just don't know what to do with it. If Apple can make a compelling product there the phone companies will want to sell it.
ps. Apple might choose to make a phone with no music capability... just to delineate the product. That gives people something to understand... and then they can release the combo products.
Very good questions.
- Apple could release a stylish simple phone with a simple interface, and the capability of an iPod shuffle built in. There would really be nothing special about such a phone - at most they might give it 3G data connections so someone with a MacBook could use it to get on the net.
- They could certainly be the first provider to make a phone that can ONLY be used handsfree (via the headphones).
- They could leverage their airport base stations to release a VoIP phone that works at home, work, and wireless hotspots.
- The obvious untapped area is integration of VoIP, 3G, & video - but all the big companies are looking at that. The other thing that most mobile companies are having trouble with is the killer app - so many phones have data connectivity, and people just don't know what to do with it. If Apple can make a compelling product there the phone companies will want to sell it.
ps. Apple might choose to make a phone with no music capability... just to delineate the product. That gives people something to understand... and then they can release the combo products.
Dr.Gargoyle
Aug 4, 05:22 AM
Why not? They did it with the iBooks for quite some time...
It is a new game after PPC->x86.
Apple is now competing directly with all other PC manufacturers. You can easily compare the hardware between different computers.
Hence, I am sure Apple will upgrade all MBs to Merom as soon as they have made sure they will get enough Meroms to satisfy the need of MBP.
Besides since both the iBook and 12'' PB seems to have merged into the 13'' MB, it is vital to keep this line updated for demanding users with a need for a smaller form factor.
It is a new game after PPC->x86.
Apple is now competing directly with all other PC manufacturers. You can easily compare the hardware between different computers.
Hence, I am sure Apple will upgrade all MBs to Merom as soon as they have made sure they will get enough Meroms to satisfy the need of MBP.
Besides since both the iBook and 12'' PB seems to have merged into the 13'' MB, it is vital to keep this line updated for demanding users with a need for a smaller form factor.
Don't panic
May 5, 11:49 AM
No reason to split. There is only 1 door.
i agree, and it's not like there are many alternatves so here we go, so I won't waste more time.
R3t2: we move on to the next room
i agree, and it's not like there are many alternatves so here we go, so I won't waste more time.
R3t2: we move on to the next room
Dany M
May 2, 08:39 PM
We need to switch to the metric system, what we have now is ****ing crazy when looking at the rest of the world...this is coming from a bio major who has to deal with SI units daily
wclyffe
Nov 21, 12:59 PM
good morning Wclyffe.
question on your comment about BlueAnt. I too have used BT Blueant and loved it. When I got the iPhone it would not, however, recognize my contact list, BUT would let me talk and listen to a phone call I originated on the iPhone.
With the tomtom dock, if the BT isn't acceptable per the above comments, how would I use the BlueAnt?
With the car kit I assume handsfree dialing still requires either holding iphone button and doing voice dialing or favorite list or contact list. BlueAnt of course allowed one touch button and "call so and so" command.
Appreciate clarification.
Have you done anymore review of the Navigon car kit?
thanks,
Mike
Is it an iPhone 3Gs? I have no problem with Voice Control recognizing my contacts list. I just press the button on the BluAnt and voice control is activated. Not sure why that isn't working for you.
I think we just do not pair the the iPhone to the dock via bluetooth, but instead pair the BluAnt that way. The GPS chip should be connected to the phone via the dock connector. Right?
Yeah, that makes sense which is why I'm going to likely keep my BluAnt for calls as its so easy to hit the button on the visor and use Voice Control. I can't believe its as easy using the car kit, but we'll see.
No, as the Navigon is just a simple mount with no electronics (GPS chip, bluetooth, etc).
question on your comment about BlueAnt. I too have used BT Blueant and loved it. When I got the iPhone it would not, however, recognize my contact list, BUT would let me talk and listen to a phone call I originated on the iPhone.
With the tomtom dock, if the BT isn't acceptable per the above comments, how would I use the BlueAnt?
With the car kit I assume handsfree dialing still requires either holding iphone button and doing voice dialing or favorite list or contact list. BlueAnt of course allowed one touch button and "call so and so" command.
Appreciate clarification.
Have you done anymore review of the Navigon car kit?
thanks,
Mike
Is it an iPhone 3Gs? I have no problem with Voice Control recognizing my contacts list. I just press the button on the BluAnt and voice control is activated. Not sure why that isn't working for you.
I think we just do not pair the the iPhone to the dock via bluetooth, but instead pair the BluAnt that way. The GPS chip should be connected to the phone via the dock connector. Right?
Yeah, that makes sense which is why I'm going to likely keep my BluAnt for calls as its so easy to hit the button on the visor and use Voice Control. I can't believe its as easy using the car kit, but we'll see.
No, as the Navigon is just a simple mount with no electronics (GPS chip, bluetooth, etc).
aznguyen316
May 6, 04:25 AM
No Intel, no care.
Eldiablojoe
May 3, 09:34 PM
if a villain needs to go through a room where he placed a trap, can he temporarily disable it?
Traps and monsters don't harm the villain.
You guys responded to Ravenvii saying that Traps and monsters don't harm the villain, but in the OP, in the Q&A's, you wrote:
- can the villain/monster fall into the traps?
Villain (a stupid one): yes, Monsters: No (since they don't move).
Was that just being funny, or is it a conflicting rule?
Thanks!
Traps and monsters don't harm the villain.
You guys responded to Ravenvii saying that Traps and monsters don't harm the villain, but in the OP, in the Q&A's, you wrote:
- can the villain/monster fall into the traps?
Villain (a stupid one): yes, Monsters: No (since they don't move).
Was that just being funny, or is it a conflicting rule?
Thanks!
coder12
Mar 26, 11:05 PM
I'm not really sure Apple cares about your school district.
Considering that we're one of the first schools in MN to adopt the iPad as a learning tool, and that there are many other schools that are going to wait a year or so to do the same thing, Apple sure does care, they even send representatives and stuff like that from time to time, lucky for us ;)
They might not care enough to change launch dates, but they care somewhat.
Jesus, it's not like the iPads you bought suddenly stop working when a new model comes out.
No, but it would cause an uproar among our faculty. I know they'll keep working, as you do too, but the other students and staff only want the newest and best. We're on a 3 year contract for iPads, and if they announce new iPads the month school starts, the complaints will never end. One year into owning them is a bit more feasible, however.
WOAH.
that's a lot of iPads!
That'll take forever to deliver!
They start coming in next week, supposedly! :) I'm more concerned about how much time it will take to set them up, because we only have 5 technology people at our district, and after I go to college there will only be 4. Thank you economy for leaving us shorthanded :(
that would be your fault for not reading reports
^^^^^
The word report suggests it was well thought out and documented given actual sources. What you mean to say is rumor.
Thanks :)
Considering that we're one of the first schools in MN to adopt the iPad as a learning tool, and that there are many other schools that are going to wait a year or so to do the same thing, Apple sure does care, they even send representatives and stuff like that from time to time, lucky for us ;)
They might not care enough to change launch dates, but they care somewhat.
Jesus, it's not like the iPads you bought suddenly stop working when a new model comes out.
No, but it would cause an uproar among our faculty. I know they'll keep working, as you do too, but the other students and staff only want the newest and best. We're on a 3 year contract for iPads, and if they announce new iPads the month school starts, the complaints will never end. One year into owning them is a bit more feasible, however.
WOAH.
that's a lot of iPads!
That'll take forever to deliver!
They start coming in next week, supposedly! :) I'm more concerned about how much time it will take to set them up, because we only have 5 technology people at our district, and after I go to college there will only be 4. Thank you economy for leaving us shorthanded :(
that would be your fault for not reading reports
^^^^^
The word report suggests it was well thought out and documented given actual sources. What you mean to say is rumor.
Thanks :)
valereee
Dec 25, 03:46 AM
If mac users don't use av software, there's little motivation for anyone to supply it. If NO ONE is working on av software, then in the eventuality that we do need it, we're all starting from scratch. That's just never a good place to be if you can with minimal effort prevent it.
It's kind of like getting your flu shot in a year when the flu isn't supposed to be particularly bad. I seldom get the flu, but I go ahead and get the shot every year anyway because if no one does, there's little motivation for pharma companies to develop future flu shots. Which means in the really bad flu years, there's a shortage because only one company is making the shot.
It's kind of like getting your flu shot in a year when the flu isn't supposed to be particularly bad. I seldom get the flu, but I go ahead and get the shot every year anyway because if no one does, there's little motivation for pharma companies to develop future flu shots. Which means in the really bad flu years, there's a shortage because only one company is making the shot.
Raineer
Apr 18, 04:46 PM
They have patents but they HAVE to pursue infringers or they can lose the rights to the patents. That's why you see so many patent lawsuits. Unfortunately, that's just how the system works (in very basic terms).
8 pages and no quotes of this. That's all there is to this, folks...
8 pages and no quotes of this. That's all there is to this, folks...
Jbrumz85
Apr 20, 12:35 AM
More interested in iOS 5 but faster processor, upgraded camera(s) and hopefully more memory will be a nice little upgrade
wclyffe
Nov 11, 05:39 PM
Just a side note to all the discussion in this thread. I just searched the Navigon site for the European Version of the iPhone mount and the price to buy it is 39.95 Euros + VAT charges = 44.90 Euros (or $67.48), and does not count the shipping charges. At $67, it makes the purchase of the TomTom Car Kit at $87 an amazing deal. The Navigon kit is only the windshield mount and a charging cable.
Here's the link if you want to look for yourself:
http://www.navigon.com/portal/int/shop/zubehoer/produkt.html?produktFamilieId=14970&produktId=6964612
Here's the link if you want to look for yourself:
http://www.navigon.com/portal/int/shop/zubehoer/produkt.html?produktFamilieId=14970&produktId=6964612
Mr.damien
Mar 31, 05:09 AM
Update: TechCrunch reports that this is indeed the "golden master candidate" build it discussed over the weekend, although the designation remains an internal one for the time being with Apple not expected to push out a final release candidate until around its Worldwide Developer Conference in early June.
Translation:
We were all wrong but we won't admit it so now we say that it's an internal secret ... :rolleyes:
Translation:
We were all wrong but we won't admit it so now we say that it's an internal secret ... :rolleyes:
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar